Model Cars Magazine Forum
Modlbldr

62 Pontiac Bonneville nose piece

I am in need of the AMT 62 Bonneville nose piece for the front grill. May be a long shot but has to ask. Have lots to trade.

Later-

IMG_20210220_222301875.jpg

I think I might have one. I can check tomorrow when i get back home. If I do it is already on the grille in a lot of chrome parts I got

2 hours ago, stitchdup said:

I think I might have one. I can check tomorrow when i get back home. If I do it is already on the grille in a lot of chrome parts I got

Thanks Les. Hopefully it won't cost a fortune for shipping. 

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

I don't know if this would work for you Tom. The center piece will come off. It's got a little chrome piece in the middle. 

image9.jpeg

Let me check.

If I don't have an extra, I suppose if worse came to worse, I could probably cast a duplicate.

Steve

Thanks guys. Dave, let me see what Steve can do first. Your part would make a good stand in if needed.

7 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Let me check.

If I don't have an extra, I suppose if worse came to worse, I could probably cast a duplicate.

Steve

Steve, that would be fantastic either way! Please let me know what you might have and what you need.

Later-

33 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Thanks guys. Dave, let me see what Steve can do first. Your part would make a good stand in if needed.

Steve, that would be fantastic either way! Please let me know what you might have and what you need.

Later-

Hi Tom.

Do you happen to have any of the AMT 1965 Pontiac Kits? (Bonneville, Grand Prix, 2+2)

It appears that the nose piece from one of the '65s will work in the '62 with a little bit of filing.

Steve

I don't have any of those kits but they may be easier to get ahold of.

Later-

4 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

I don't have any of those kits but they may be easier to get ahold of.

Later-

I don't have an extra piece for the '62.

As a matter of fact, the one that I do have for my 3 '62 Bonnevilles is really not in good enough shape to duplicate.

There is a sink mark in it that will be difficult to fix.

But I think one from one of the '65 kits would work.

It appears that it would just need to be filed a little thinner to fit the '62 grille.

Steve

I was just sitting here wondering why it is that everybody is missing the same pieces from certain kits. It always seems impossible to find the nose piece for early 60's Pontiacs, the hood for a 64 Pontiac Tempest and AMT early 60's Ford hood spears to mention a few.

Later- 

Thanks for looking! I may just scratch build one. It can't be too hard of a piece to make.

Later-

1 hour ago, Modlbldr said:

Thanks for looking! I may just scratch build one. It can't be too hard of a piece to make.

Later-

That's a very good idea.

You could order a PE set for the AMT '62 Catalina and get the correct crest while you're at it.

Steve

Hey Tom. Looking at the piece I showed you. I realize the middle piece isn't separate but actually connected to the piece the lights and grills are glued to. I think it might be from the original annual kit. 

Edited by ewetwo

1 hour ago, ewetwo said:

Hey Tom. Looking at the piece I showed you. I realize the middle piece isn't separate but actually connected to the piece the lights and grills are glued to. I think it might be from the original annual kit. 

Thanks for that. I think I might just try scratch building one unless someone comes up with one from the 62 Bonny.

Thanks guys.

Later-

To be clear, it's the GRILLE DIVIDER you are looking for, correct? Not sure if the instruction sheet is accurate or not in this case:

AMT62PontiacBonnSportCoupeGrille.jpg.a7c600a65ec7aab76045987bbc6abd6c.jpg

3 hours ago, Casey said:

To be clear, it's the GRILLE DIVIDER you are looking for, correct? Not sure if the instruction sheet is accurate or not in this case:

AMT62PontiacBonnSportCoupeGrille.jpg.a7c600a65ec7aab76045987bbc6abd6c.jpg

Yes, it is the grill divider that I am needing.

Later-