Model Cars Magazine Forum

One-Off Quiz #10 - Deadline Feb 28, 2021 0:00 CET

On 2/23/2021 at 9:58 PM, dublin boy said:

The wheels are a great clue.

Don't bank on it - these wheels were used by lots of manufactures and stylists of all sizes from garden shed to multi nationals. 

And Michael gives the clues, not us mere mortals... ☺️

22 hours ago, dublin boy said:

You're right Don, the wheelnuts are in the wrong position for the specific Manufacturer I was thinking of.

Shay.

Thanks Shay, I hadn't spotted the different wheelnut placings on other cars that use these wheels. Interesting.

Cheers,

-Don.

On 8/23/2018 at 2:06 AM, carsntrucks4you said:

I have to write down the rules for the Autoquiz because some poeples don't know the rules 

1. No answers allow in the ongoing Auto quiz thread
  2. No comments  in the ongoing Auto quiz thread that give any clues or suggestion to the car in question
  3. A PM must be sent to the one who has started the ongoing thread 
  4. The PM must contain Year of production, Manufacturer and Type
  5. In case of violating the rules  the quiz will closed immediately and no winners will be announced

So please stick with the rules. 

The rules are specfic and have been posted for a while.

Many of us enjoy the game please don't spoil it by not following the rules.

1 hour ago, steveracer said:

Right guys, I saw no rules posted.  I got chastised, learneded or wakeded, and now follow along with PM's.  

Steve, don't feel bad about it!  I did exactly the same thing when I first started following this thread many years ago.  The rules are posted on the main header but if you just happen to come across the weekly post while browsing the site, it is easy to miss them.  They are not referenced anywhere in the weekly post.

Perhaps the moderator could include a link like this in the first post to help out newbies like yourself

Quiz rules- Please read before posting -

Let me give you a hint.

The car that the car in question was based on, was specially designed for rally sport. They  suffered from  numerous problems such as the frame not being stiff enough, the cockpit being cramped and the V6 in the original cars having too high a centre of gravity. This particular car got a special body by a well know Carrozzeria.

The solution for this One-Off quiz is 1971 Ford GT70 Ghia. This vehicle was build on the Ford GT70 rally car.  Which suffered from  numerous problems such as the frame not being stiff enough, the cockpit being cramped and the V6 in the original cars having too high a centre of gravity. This special GT70 was designed by Filippo Sapino at Ford Design Europe studio in Turin and realised by a newly acquired Carroizzia Ghia. The subsequent concept car was shown at the 1971 Turin Auto Show Car featured flat decklid and faux-fastback buttresses.

The correct answer where sent in by

DonW

Brizio - (Sorry)

dw1603

Richard Bartrop

stitchup

bobthehobbyguy

GeeBee

porschercr

Earl Marischall

Congratulation, well done.

Edited by carsntrucks4you

1 hour ago, Earl Marischal said:

I knew it looked familiar but the colour put me off; I remembered it being in white. That would have been the original rally car.

steve

The GT70 rally car had a very different shaped bodyshell from the Ghia version of which only one was built. None of the GT70s ever rallied in anger because the handling was rubbish. Coincidentally the Ghia version appears in an article on prototype Fords in the latest Classic and Sportscar magazine along with a brief summary of the GT70.  

5 hours ago, carsntrucks4you said:

The solution for this One-Off quiz is 1971 Ford GT70 Ghia. This vehicle was build on the Ford GT70 rally car.  Which suffered from  numerous problems such as the frame not being stiff enough, the cockpit being cramped and the V6 in the original cars having too high a centre of gravity. This special GT70 was designed by Filippo Sapino at Ford Design Europe studio in Turin and realised by a newly acquired Carroizzia Ghia. The subsequent concept car was shown at the 1971 Turin Auto Show Car featured flat decklid and faux-fastback buttresses.

The correct answer where sent in by

DonW

dw1603

Richard Bartrop

stitchup

bobthehobbyguy

GeeBee

porschercr

Earl Marischall

Congratulation, well done.

I guess it. right too! :D