Model Cars Magazine Forum

Grumpy’s toy...

lordgodbob

33 minutes ago, lordgodbob said:

The entire engine is terrible, honestly. Including the headers...

The headers are just primed, they will end up better than this, but as you can see, the kit has an automatic and is just all around a poor representation of the car.. futurattraction has a beautiful Small Block -lenco kit that I have coming. I’m going to have to pretty much start over on this one, had a paint glitch that is beyond repair, so....yay.

18535738-9EAF-4D97-A0FE-9266614FA55B.jpeg

1EA7B43D-9148-4D50-B783-D558B02EF9D1.jpeg

29C3CBA1-92D9-431D-8144-349BA0D40378.jpeg

I'm liking what I see here. I'm curious what manufacturer paint are you using. I tired of seeing my white models turning yellow over the years. nice shade of white and red. what have you been using?

9 hours ago, Bowtienutz said:

I'm liking what I see here. I'm curious what manufacturer paint are you using. I tired of seeing my white models turning yellow over the years. nice shade of white and red. what have you been using?

The white is testors classic white right out of the can. The red is Italian red decanted and SHOT (did I type something else? Why the edit?) through an airbrush.

Clear is Duplicolor 1K clear, again, right out of the can. I polish with 5000 grit paper and use a mild rubbing compound then wax. Nothing fancy. I don’t yet know if there will be any yellowing issues, this is the first white car I’ve used that clear on. My models are in individual cases away from direct sun, so I usually have no problem with that.

Edited by lordgodbob
No idea. Typo?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lordgodbob said:

Yeah, this one is in “time out” for a few days at least! Had a paint disaster while doing the foil, so I need to walk away...

Fair enough, I’m currently just building engines atm I have no where to spray bodies for a little while.

contemplating this 

93125209-EEDD-4471-9362-08C7FB312F70.jpeg

Edited by Bullybeef

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, thomascoffey1959@gmail.com said:

I'm working with one of those myself. I ditched the chassis plate, and the engine, and the wheels and the tires.  The body deserves better, DAH GRUMP deserves better!  Kitbash and scratch with this one.

Yep. It’s “provisionally” done. Hood glued shut and on the shelf for now. I have a beautiful SBC Pro Stock engine from Futurattraction but this chassis doesn’t deserve it! I’ll get back on this one some day when I stop being irritated with it...

AD88D2AD-EFCA-43F5-97D6-99E6E24AA696.jpeg

4DD9F5A8-C06C-4F51-9D25-5AD63A8EC22B.jpeg