Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey, everyone!, I havent posted in quite a while, and because i've been on a SBing frenzy, i ran out of alot of supplies which are now delayed because of strange weather. 

I do however, have enough supplies to mess about building my own hyper car. I decided to take ideas from many of my favorite cars, and incorperate them into one design. My initial inspiration is from early Porsche LeMans cars, and its been evolving from there.

As you can see, it has a VERY aggressive German industrial look, so it needed a good, aggressive name to match, and thats when i came up with; Blitzkrieg (an aggressively swift victory)  -on the streets. This car would be Wahnsinnig if it were real!!

Its designed to use 15 types of CF...is AWD, and is powered by an AMG Quad-turbo V10. I think the body is pretty close to being done, but i'm just letting it evolve....still have the tailights to make.

DSCF0223.JPG

DSCF0227.JPG

DSCF0224.JPG

DSCF0228.JPG

DSCF0226.JPG

DSCF0229.JPG

images.jpg

unnamed.jpg

download.jpg

images (3).jpg

images (6).jpg

images (2).jpg

images (4).jpg

images (8).jpg

Edited by Dann Tier

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, everyone for the nice comments, and for following!!  This bugger is sooooo close to primer/paint stage now!!!! i made all the stencils for the vent mesh, and windows, and all i can see thats left is finishing the door jams, and door hinges.....heres a pretty decent update;

-Photo 1; Heres a look at the raw underside of the body. Only a few things left to clean up here!

-Photo 2; Doors are open, and i am working on the jams.

-Photo 3; Gotta still thin down the weather stripping lip to compensate for paint thickness.

-Photo 4; I've added platforms for the oil, and intercoolers.

-Photo 5&6; Since i will be finishing this car as a curbside for now, i needed an easy way to mount the exhaust. I do plan on building a proper engine, and suspension, but i dont know when, but i still want this in my display cabinate until then.

-Photo 7; Doors fit Great, and will open just as well!! Plain, round wheel openings wouldnt match the drastic angles, but nither would the angular shape, so i came up with these soft-angular openings, which bridge between the round shapes of the wheels/tyres, and the angular lines of the body -flows Perfectly!

-Photo 8; Cant wait to make the LED headlamps!

-Photo 9; The exhaust, and taillight surround will be floating centered on the massive rear mesh. I still need to redo the rear inner splash guards.

-Photo 10; Just a sweet photo, lol

-Photo 11; I made these rocker vents to cool the rear brakes.

DSCF0233.JPG

DSCF0234.JPG

DSCF0235.JPG

DSCF0230.JPG

DSCF0231.JPG

DSCF0232.JPG

DSCF0236.JPG

DSCF0237.JPG

DSCF0238.JPG

DSCF0239.JPG

DSCF0240.JPG

Edited by Dann Tier

6 hours ago, cobraman said:

Looks good. Doors that work ? That is  working feature I always have a problem with , and thats with a kit !

Thanks, Bud! Yes they will work. I usually dont really care if doors open on a kit...quite often i've been know to even glue them shut. If its hard to see my detail through the windows, then i will have opening doors, or if its a very special car to me...it just takes a bit of patience. Iam now working on a rear wing, and making my own special wheels.

Hey, everyone!...i gotta good update here -the wheels, and rear wing are made up, and are ready for clean up, and paint. Next project; door hinges, and back side of door sills.

-Photo 4; The inspiration/shape of the rear wing comes from a Messerschmitt.

DSCF0257.JPG

DSCF0258.JPG

DSCF0262.JPG

thumb2-messerschmitt-bf109-german-fighter-luftwaffe-world-war-ii-bf109e-3.jpg

Edited by Dann Tier

15 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Hey, everyone!...i gotta good update here -the wheels, and rear wing are made up, and are ready for clean up, and paint. Next project; door hinges, and back side of door sills.

-Photo 4; The inspiration/shape of the rear wing comes from a Messerschmitt.

thumb2-messerschmitt-bf109-german-fighter-luftwaffe-world-war-ii-bf109e-3.jpg

Seems as if the wheel design was inspired by the Iron cross symbol.