Model Cars Magazine Forum

2 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Fantastic work Dan! I know what you mean about the never ending nit picking bits when scratch building...and I am not (or ever will be) anywhere close to this level. Kudos to you!👍 Are those door struts you’re making going to be functional? I’d like to know how to make them.🙂

Much appreciated, Bud! I may go functional with the strut, not sure right now...i will give it a go whether i use them or not. By the way, have i ever told you that i like your avitar? we are a Jeep family as well....heres ours...we call him; Beast

DSCF0290.JPG

DSCF0291.JPG

3 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Much appreciated, Bud! I may go functional with the strut, not sure right now...i will give it a go whether i use them or not. By the way, have i ever told you that i like your avitar? we are a Jeep family as well....heres ours...we call him; Beast

Nice...that does look like a beast!  The wife drives a stock 2014 Wrangler. I may commandeer it when she wants a new vehicle.🤔 I am making a sort of replica of my truck in the avatar and I may need a couple of struts.

It's just amazing Dann (I know I'm repeating myself...) but this Super Car deserves all the praises it has received (and will receive)!

I was wondering what type of glue you use to join all those styrene parts together?  Also, where do you plan to put the gas tank?  Will the piping run from the back to the front of the vehicle?  Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but I find this project so interesting...! 😊

On 4/20/2021 at 11:15 PM, NOBLNG said:

Nice...that does look like a beast!  The wife drives a stock 2014 Wrangler. I may commandeer it when she wants a new vehicle.🤔 I am making a sort of replica of my truck in the avatar and I may need a couple of struts.

COOL!...i will have to check it out!!

On 4/21/2021 at 10:15 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

It's just amazing Dann (I know I'm repeating myself...) but this Super Car deserves all the praises it has received (and will receive)!

I was wondering what type of glue you use to join all those styrene parts together?  Also, where do you plan to put the gas tank?  Will the piping run from the back to the front of the vehicle?  Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but I find this project so interesting...! 😊

Thanks again, bud!  the gas tank goes right behind the seats...at the base. I'm glad you are liking it!...i have another pretty decent update to post momentarily.

I use to use Plasti-Zap until the last two bottles i got were bad. Now i like to use Loctite -this one:

images (2).jpg

Just now, Dann Tier said:

New update here, everyone!

-Photo 1; Phase 2 of the seats -basic shape.

-Photo 2&3; The dash is really taking shape now!

-Photo 4; Location tabs help keep the dash centered.

-Photo 5; I tacked on the rough look of the headrests.

-Photo 6; This area on each side of the seats will have seat belt slots/covers.

-Photo 7; These bits are magnetic contact points.

-Photo 8; E-brake/center column control 'box' added, as well as recessed door, and cowl release latches.

-Photo 9; The dash is fitting great.

-Photo 10; The base of each A-pillar are now finished 0ff.

DSCF0314.JPG

DSCF0315.JPG

DSCF0316.JPG

DSCF0323.JPG

DSCF0317.JPG

DSCF0318.JPG

DSCF0319.JPG

DSCF0320.JPG

DSCF0322.JPG

DSCF0321.JPG

DSCF0324.JPG

DSCF0325.JPG