Model Cars Magazine Forum

Madliner: a 60 Starliner & Alternomad custom mash-up

Claude Thibodeau

2 hours ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Another superb creation from you Claude!

Forced to admit that you are rewriting the theory that says "nothing is lost and nothing is created".   In this wonderful world of scale models, you prove that "nothing is lost but everything can be created" when you have a vivid imagination!   In addition, it produces a training phenomenon because the remains of a model become the start of another project.  You may have invented perpetual motion my friend, in any case, you have all my admiration!

By the way, the color is absolutely stunning and you give me some great ideas for my own project... 😊

Thank you Francis!

Now that you say it... that theory of "perpetual motion" is getting me worried... Will it ever stop? I hope not!

I still have about a pint of that candy paint, so when you fire-up your airbrush, just call me if you want to try it!

CT 

Ahh, Claude, you've done it again!  And, like Oliver, i am now wondering what a dead Alternomad body in my stash could be turned into?  Doesn't hurt that I love wagons! The shape at the rear is a natural for a conversion like this and with your typical craftsmanship, the whole thing comes together.

Cheers

Alan

12 hours ago, Steve H said:

Hello Claude !! Another one of your fantastic builds, I absolutely love your creations sir. The rear 3/4 shot is my favourite, really cool how you mated the two bodies. I need to build a wagon soon... old wagons are really cool.

Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve!

Thank you for the comments. Now, I don't know your exact age, but to old guys like me, "station-wagons" will always occupy a choice spot in our memories!

CT 

7 hours ago, alan barton said:

Ahh, Claude, you've done it again!  And, like Oliver, i am now wondering what a dead Alternomad body in my stash could be turned into?  Doesn't hurt that I love wagons! The shape at the rear is a natural for a conversion like this and with your typical craftsmanship, the whole thing comes together.

Cheers

Alan

Hi Alan!

Thank you.

You know what? To Francis' point (above) about the law of "perpetual motion"... I look at the mostly complete "remnants" of the Alternomad, and the very nice molding of the interior components lead me to think that a "Camino style" conversion could work.

I think it could be a shoe-in for a slightly twisted 59 Caddy convertible Monogram kit that collects dust in my stash.

Hmmmm.. Let's see...

CT