Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius 48 foot flatbed

I just recieved this kit today. Couldn't wait to start on it, so I shoved my other projects into my closet and got to work on it. I have to say, apart from some minor flash and some warpage of the rub rails, this kit is fitting pretty good! So far, I'm only a couple of hours into it and I have the frame put together and glued down to the top deck. More to come. 

20210226_203545.jpg

The rub rails have a good bit of warping. But, if you're careful and glue a little bit at a time and hold it with tape, it all lines up very well. I'm currently working on the other side. Same issue with warping. So, make sure you take your time and glue small sections and hold it with tape. I'm really enjoying this build so far. In fact, it's going so good, I decided to share with you and start an in progress thread, something I have shied away from. I really want to finish this and I don't really forsee any major problems. Thanks for watching! 

Edit: I found it easiest to go ahead and glue the two parts together,then glue to the side of the deck. Then do the cleanup on them. That way, they are much more rigid and you run less risk of breaking the rub rails in half, like I almost did.

20210226_212157.thumb.jpg.89f09672b90eacc0d89d7cf59a38ed35.jpg

20210226_220838.jpg

20210226_220828.jpg

20210226_212114.jpg

Edited by metalhead
Extra info

I have to say, certian parts of this build kind of feel like an amt kit. Some parts are molded really well, while other parts are kind of heavy handed. So far, everything fits pretty well. The frame rails have a pretty decent sized mold line, but nothing a scapel blade and some sandpaper can't handle. Also, the above aforementioned rub rails need to be glued together small sections at a time. So far, a really enjoyable kit!

On 2/27/2021 at 7:14 PM, metalhead said:

I have to say, certian parts of this build kind of feel like an amt kit. Some parts are molded really well, while other parts are kind of heavy handed. So far, everything fits pretty well. The frame rails have a pretty decent sized mold line, but nothing a scapel blade and some sandpaper can't handle. Also, the above aforementioned rub rails need to be glued together small sections at a time. So far, a really enjoyable kit!

Hey metalhead

Where did you get your kit, I can't find one any where, need one for up coming build project.

Ron G 

Making decent progress. Almost ready to paint the deck. Currently working on the suspension. There is a fairly good sized sink mark on one of the axles that needs to be addressed. Other than that, no major issues so far. I'll try to have some more pics this weekend as I have no time to work on it after I get off work. Thanks for watching! 

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry to say that any model building has taken a back burner for a while. My mother fell very ill again and I have been taking care of her.  As I am her only caregiver at the moment, there just isn't really any free time. I do intend to finish it. I currently have it painted in aluminum and had started on the undercarriage before I stopped. I hope to get back to it sometime.

• Like 1

Ryan, you care for your Mom, I had to deal with my mom's health issues for almost 30 years! Spending time with her, will help you further down the line! I wish your Mom, all the best, and take care of yourself too! When the model is done, it's done!