Model Cars Magazine Forum

‘66 “Ol Comino” (Oldsmobile El Camino) pro touring

12 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Absolutely beautiful work. As everyone said, the stance is perfect. I think these would have sold as real vehicles... of course Olds wouldn’t have decked it out as nicely as you did!

Hi Greg! Thanks for the comments, and as I mentioned at the top of this thread, thanks for suggesting the name that “stuck”. 

Cheers, Steve

7 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

It turned out fabulous. Great photography.

Thank you Phil. I’m not the best photographer, but I got really lucky with the weather, and I think the natural light was almost perfect. 

On 3/4/2021 at 6:20 PM, grodudulle77 said:

Details and paint work are very awesome !!! I really like the color. 👍👍👍

21 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Came out so good!! Really beautiful in every way! Great details as well! 

Thanks Bisiaux and Anton, I think it’s so awesome to have people from all over the world contributing on this forum. What a wonderful community we have here. Thanks for your kind words!

Cheers, Steve

19 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

That is truly fantastic Steve, you should be very proud of it. It looks so 'right', very plausible.

Hi Nigel, always good to hear from you. Thank you for the kind words. It does just kind of look right doesn’t it... that’s why this build idea was rattling around in my head for years... Hope all is well on the other side of the pond.

Cheers, Steve

16 minutes ago, Dennis Lacy said:

This is absolutely BAD ASS! The conversion looks right-on from every angle and the stance/proportions are perfect. Someone needs to duplicate it full scale!!!

Hi Dennis! Thanks for the kind words. Most of all, thank you very much for sharing your cast aluminum colour “recipe”. The carbs on this engine is the first time I used it... super pleased with the result. Loving the Boyd tribute thread.

Cheers, Steve

On 3/12/2021 at 2:51 AM, matthijsgrit said:

What's not to like about this one?

Great engine detail, good paint, excellent stance and wheels and that body, man, that's like it was always meant to be this way.

Impressive build.

Thank you for the kind words Matthijs. I glad you like it, it would have looked great in 1:1. 
Cheers, Steve

• 8 months later...