Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone ever paint a model body with Model Masters Turn Signal Amber?

Just seemed like it might be a unique color.  If you happened to pull this off, I'd love to see pics as well as learn what you used as a base, as this stuff is very translucent. 

7 hours ago, Snake45 said:

I never have, but I'm planning to, and I'll lay it over a flat yellow base. 

Interesting thought.  My instinct would be to start with a gold or brass base, but your idea seems to have a lot of merit.

If I remember right, this is over white. You're right, the paint is very translucent, so the base makes a big difference. I think I tried six different bases, and liked white the best for this car.

DSCN1158 (2).JPG

DSCN1159 (2).JPG

12 hours ago, Kit Basher said:

If I remember right, this is over white. You're right, the paint is very translucent, so the base makes a big difference

I love me a yellow five-seven, and this one is NICE! I got to experiment with the turn signal amber now.

Just now, bisc63 said:

I love me a yellow five-seven

Perhaps you were "imprinted" by Project X at a very young age. B)

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, pack rat said:

This one is over a Testors silver base

z7.JPG

Very nice build!  Congrats on creating a gorgeous shade of gold.  I could see using that on several pending projects.  

Thanks!

Edited by Monty
13 hours ago, Kit Basher said:

If I remember right, this is over white. You're right, the paint is very translucent, so the base makes a big difference. I think I tried six different bases, and liked white the best for this car.

DSCN1158 (2).JPG

DSCN1159 (2).JPG

Incredible work.  I would'a bet any amount of money this paint wouldn't give you that kind of coverage over a white base.  Did you do multiple mist coats?

9 hours ago, Monty said:

Did you do multiple mist coats?

Sorry, I just don't remember. Most likely it was two coats to get full coverage, sand, and one more thin coat. That's what I typically do when I paint with Testors. One other thought, this is Testors, not Model Master, if that makes any difference.