Model Cars Magazine Forum

Plug Wires

Similarly, I drilled holes, but I added a drop of CA glue and inserted short pieces of very thin brass tubing letting about 1/16" stick out. Once dry I could slip in the plug wires, then dab on a bit of UV resin to form the boots, and a little black paint finished the job:

IMG_0136.JPG.acea228b0335c13817ff8c8a14014237.JPG

1 hour ago, Fat Brian said:

One thing I started doing that makes plug wires easier is drilling the holes all the way through the head and block into the hollow center of the block. This allows you to not have to trim the wire to an exact length. 

That is what I do too.

B153CB95-4B19-4D0E-8E7E-6B5994B44E1D.jpeg

16 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

How are u guys attaching the plug end of the plug wires?? Are u glueing the to the head , or drilling holes?

Chaz, Chris at Morgan Automotive Detail sells the wired distributors in various color combos and he includes a slightly larger wire for the boots. Drill the holes (and yes you need small drill bits) big enough to slip in the "boots". I just put a small puddle of superglue on a piece of cardboard and dip the end of the boot in the glue then slip it into the hole. The same for the plug wire.

Just my 2 cents worth LOL.

Edited by TransAmMike

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

drillz.jpg.5848efcef65004e34ac221d88b169277.jpg

Here's a set of drill bits you can get at Hobby Lobby...  Has the right sizes for wiring work.

Ditto on those, I have the same and old ones in the odd shaped metal container. 

Edited by TransAmMike