Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Bronco Half Cab Sandman II

I have been wanting a buggy for so long. I almost bought one of the old ones from ebay but it went for too much. If it does come with a buggy, i will order 3 i think. 

I dont care about that style bronco, i wish they would have done it with the 1980 bronco that became expensive on Ebay 

Edited by youpey

That buggy is the "Sandman" last seen in the Sandman Combo kit, circa 1979-80. I have two of them. It is a simple snap kit. Not too many pieces. Here is the kit.

https://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/mkiba-build-under-c/instruction_sheetsh/instruction_sheets/revell-2/revell-mr-sandman-w/?view=roll

Wonderful to have it back. I see the Bronco still has the Too Small wheels. 21st Century Bronco, 40 year old Buggy and Trailer!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

I’d be up for one!  I do have the Olson Brothers half cab, and a couple of the buggies but I’ve been into trailers lately.. any idea where it came from or if it’s new?

And it’s a very good sign that Revell is doing new kits!

Trailer appears to be the same one that came with the Sandman in the original boxing as shown in Alan's post above.

4 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Trailer appears to be the same one that came with the Sandman in the original boxing as shown in Alan's post above.

Makes sense, about the only new thing in this offering is the half cab. Wonder if that buggy will have the plastic tires?

1 hour ago, niteowl7710 said:

Cool, thanks.  I have two of the  buggies that I bought together in a box at a show once.  I never had the full kit nor the trailer.   Trailer looks nice.

This a fantastic upcoming release. Mix in the Baja Bronco lift and beefed up 4x4 parts aka some fireball model work and you’ll have yourself an awesome build. Keep it a pickup to hold gas tanks, extra buggy tires, maybe an extra rack in the back, etc. move that spare bronco tire to the grill for clearance out back. You’ll have a sweet race rig/team car. 

Excited about this release even if it’s the 3rd of the 1st gen bronco release in a decade. 

Edited by laemtao

10 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

Wonder if that buggy will have the plastic tires?

The original dune buggy's (and trailer's) tires are styrene, so I think we'll see the same this time around. Here's a built up:

RevellSandmanDB.jpg.84aa15d61135dcdf3be0cd82df53b5d2.jpg