Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Bronco Half Cab Sandman II

Is it reasonable to assume that Revell releases coming to North America are running about 3 months behind Europe (due to backed up ports, Covid, etc)? Since earlier in this thread shops in Europe had this kit back in June and are just now hitting shelves in the USA, I can maybe expect the 30 coupe that appears to be hitting shelves in Europe starting last month, in the US in January?

Edited by Mr. Metallic

11 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Is it reasonable to assume that Revell releases comng to north America are running about 3 months behind Europe (due to backed up posts, Covid, etc)? Since earlier in this thread shops in Europe had this kit back in June and are just now hitting shelves in the USA, I can maybe expect the 30 coupe that appears to be hitting shelves in Europe starting last month, in the US in January?

I've seen the 30 coupe listed as a November release by some US vendors.  I have one on preorder w/ Model Roundup, they say November, we'll see...

49 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Is it reasonable to assume that Revell releases comng to north America are running about 3 months behind Europe (due to backed up posts, Covid, etc)? Since earlier in this thread shops in Europe had this kit back in June and are just now hitting shelves in the USA, I can maybe expect the 30 coupe that appears to be hitting shelves in Europe starting last month, in the US in January?

The kits going to Germany and coming here on not on the same boats, so transit times are not comparable.  What we get here depends on their ability to even get it on a boat to the U.S., and then when it gets off the boat, how long it takes for someone to fish it out of the pile at the dock, delays on the railroads, etc.

The first real public mention of the FnF Ford Lightning was in Las Vegas, and that kit was then released here a few weeks later BEFORE European sales.  But as you point out this Bronco has been around for months in Europe & Asia before it strolled into stock here last week.  

8 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

The kits going to Germany and coming here on not on the same boats, so transit times are not comparable.  What we get here depends on their ability to even get it on a boat to the U.S., and then when it gets off the boat, how long it takes for someone to fish it out of the pile at the dock, delays on the railroads, etc.

The first real public mention of the FnF Ford Lightning was in Las Vegas, and that kit was then released here a few weeks later BEFORE European sales.  But as you point out this Bronco has been around for months in Europe & Asia before it strolled into stock here last week.  

Thanks for the info. I thought it was safe to compare what I thought was apples to apples. Kit A hits Europe in June, then hits NA 3 months later. Kit B hits Europe in October, so kit B hits NA??? 

Either way, I'm just glad to have the kit back and already have 2 on pre-order.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Thanks for the info. I thought it was safe to compare what I thought was apples to apples. Kit A hits Europe in June, then hits NA 3 months later. Kit B hits Europe in October, so kit B hits NA??? 

I think it’s all random now as to when certain items appear in certain markets, lots of chaos in global transportation logistics is my understanding.  Things appear when they do.  I have a number of kits on preorder in the US and Japan, they will appear eventually I figure. 

1 hour ago, Rob Hall said:

I think it’s all random now as to when certain items appear in certain markets, lots of chaos in global transportation logistics is my understanding.  Things appear when they do.  I have a number of kits on preorder in the US and Japan, they will appear eventually I figure. 

Wonder if the worldwide container shortage is caused by lack of unloading capacity in the US.

From what I've been told by retailers is the container shortage is in a bit of a feedback loop as they're in such high demand that they're going empty straight back to Asia to be reloaded instead of hitting refurb ports in South America. We're probably going to end up seeing lots of broken containers in the near future...

Edited by Fabrux

The answer is D, all of the above! My employer manufactures in Japan and we have product sitting off the Long Beach port that left Japan early September and we don't know when it will be in our Los Angeles warehouse. What used to be predictable is now a big guessing game.

Interesting times!  I was at a major Pharma today and was shown a large conference room turned warehouse with several thousand new laptops and iPads.. 

I was told that the manufacturer told them they needed to take their annual contract all at once because they couldn’t guarantee any future availability. 

Some mention of container problems. I saw on the TV news a couple of days ago that there is a big back up at the Port of LA unloading ships. They stated that some of these ships have been waiting long enough that they are refueling them while they're waiting to dock. I think that would take a lot of shipping containers out of service. 

While it certainly wasn't rapid and wholesale supplies got gobbled up in a hurry, we finally got the Half Cabs in at my shop and I must say I'm impressed. It's a fun little kit and it came in at less than HALF the price of the AMT Ford Galaxie and AWB Falcon combo kit. I'm certainly looking forward to making a lot of customers happy with these. 

11 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

The last problem is chassis, or rather the lack thereof. Every single time you go into the Port you have to bring with you the matching FEU (Foot Equivalent Unit) chassis, either as a rolling skeleton or with an empty/loaded container. The Port will NOT allow you to pull out a container without that exchange, and it must be like-kind to boot. So if you were pulling 20' boxes out and you now need to pull a 40' one you need to find a different FEU sized chassis somehow or they won't give you the box. 

Are fixed chassis the norm out there? All of the ones I've hauled and that my company owns are adjustable from 20' to 53'.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like Revell will releasing the half-cab Bronco solo this year!

4 hours ago, Justin Porter said:

Apparently, at least according to Stevens International, the return of the '70 Torino Cobra is just one piece in a slate of good news for in-bound Revell reissues. 

REVELL-MONOGRAM RMX-4544 1/25 Ford Bronco Half Cab Truck $0.00 $0.00 TBA