Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autoquiz 512

All I'll say about this one is this is a car that I'm very SERIOUSLY considering building for the next GSL in '23. At least one of three that's in my top choice to build for that show. I'd need at least three kits to build it though. Don't want to give it away until this quiz is all over. :P 

On 3/1/2021 at 5:51 PM, MrObsessive said:

All I'll say about this one is this is a car that I'm very SERIOUSLY considering building for the next GSL in '23. At least one of three that's in my top choice to build for that show. I'd need at least three kits to build it though. Don't want to give it away until this quiz is all over. :P 

Which three kits Bill?

3 hours ago, dw1603 said:

Which three kits Bill?

David, I'd need the '57 Chrysler 300C (basic body shell), the '58 Plymouth for the front clip and the '55 Nomad kit for the roof section. The Nomad can also give up part of its interior especially the rear.

From those three I'd take it from there. ;)

I also have a '57 Buick Caballero wagon that's high on my list too. Just the body I have for that (a VERY good one), so everything else would have to be cobbled together to make a complete car.

18 hours ago, MrObsessive said:

David, I'd need the '57 Chrysler 300C (basic body shell), the '58 Plymouth for the front clip and the '55 Nomad kit for the roof section. The Nomad can also give up part of its interior especially the rear.

From those three I'd take it from there. ;)

I also have a '57 Buick Caballero wagon that's high on my list too. Just the body I have for that (a VERY good one), so everything else would have to be cobbled together to make a complete car.

Wow, that is something I’d love to see, have you got a flathead six to put in it?

David, I'd probably use the Polyhead V8 that I did in this thread here. Maybe modified a bit to represent a car with a single carb. I have another one of those engines as well so I may go ahead and build it for that car so I'd have a clean slate.

I'm not sure where I'd get a flathead six...........that would be an interesting engine to use in that since those are seldom seen anymore. 🤔

There is AMT's '41 Plymouth kit.  I suppose there are people in the group who could tell you how much Mopar flathead sixes have changed between '41 and '57.

EDIT:  According to https://www.allpar.com/threads/flat-head-engines-plymouth-dodge-desoto-chrysler-six-and-eight.229897/

not a lot was changed.

Edited by Richard Bartrop