Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ran across this while scanning the web this morning.  Wonder what this general body of enthusiasts think about it.  Not sure if it is real or a pretty good photoshop.  Base car is a Toyota Supra MkIV with a Charger nose grafted on it.  The mechanics look like they would work fairly well, although I believe the Charger nosepiece would need to be narrowed.  However the aesthetics of such a build kind of leave me wondering what the designer was thinking.

BB1cx4Fk.jpg

The grille completely dominates the rest of the car. Makes the rest look bland and dull.

I miss this unique styling cues the old designers used on cars back in the day.

Hidden headlights, wide open grilles, flying buttress C-pillars , fins, bulging fenders, split windows, "Coke Bottle" profiles, duck-tail rear ends, leaping panther side views, large open greenhouses, wide color palettes. Designers put great thought on how to get buyers excited to get into and be seen in their cars.

Nowadays its "What color grey do you want your cat-eye, egg shaped, used bar of soap?

You'd think with modern, computer-aided design software, the creative ideas would just flow. Instead, it looks like they keep using the generic, basic, beginner tool menu that came with the downloaded app.

20 hours ago, TarheelRick said:

Ran across this while scanning the web this morning.  Wonder what this general body of enthusiasts think about it.  Not sure if it is real or a pretty good photoshop.  Base car is a Toyota Supra MkIV with a Charger nose grafted on it.  The mechanics look like they would work fairly well, although I believe the Charger nosepiece would need to be narrowed.  However the aesthetics of such a build kind of leave me wondering what the designer was thinking.

BB1cx4Fk.jpg

I don’t like it..

Front end swaps can work. You just have to pick the right pieces to go together. I think it also helps to keep the parts in the "family". I've been thinking about putting a '37 Chevy coupe front end on a '41 pickup to go along with these two.

49728218963_234968102f_c.jpg

48324625196_30c14a27fe_c.jpg

13 minutes ago, TarheelRick said:

Ok, I think the vote is pretty unanimous for the trash heap.  So let's try this one on for size; it began as a Dodge Challenger.

BB1eau8z.jpg

Nah, looks like chunks glued on. I hope that’s not someones model I’m dissing!

Edited by NOBLNG

I kinda like it, frankly. My first impression was positive.

But the somewhat ham-handed photoshop job fails to adequately address the vast differences in width between the two vehicles. 

So...if this was done in 1:1 (or even in scale), the proportions would change and it wouldn't look like that anyway.

And then there's this...

pink pig car | a vw that looks like a pig, its got the ...