Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chain Load Binders (Boomers)

On 3/3/2021 at 4:36 AM, Straightliner59 said:

Does anyone have a good source for chain binders? I'm going to need some for my current project. Thanks!

Hey Straightliner

Try Kit Form Services, there in England but have some great truck stuff. They only do 1/24 scale, but that shouldn't be a problem with load binders.

Ron G 

24 minutes ago, ShakyCraftsman said:

Hey Straightliner

Try Kit Form Services, there in England but have some great truck stuff. They only do 1/24 scale, but that shouldn't be a problem with load binders.

Ron G 

Thanks, Ron. 1/24 won't be a problem, at all, since I am going to use them with Monogram's '26 Mack!

1 hour ago, ShakyCraftsman said:

Try Kit Form Services

That was one of the sources mentioned in the above links, but after going to their website, I found the chain binders are no longer listed.

I think the 3D printed chain binders are the only currently available source.

Edited by Casey

Hey Straightliner 

I have a set of the ones from Shapways. They are printed in the high detail resin/plastic which makes them really detailed, but they are VERY!!!!! brittle. You cant put any tension on them or they will brake. If you can get a hold of the person thet designed them (available on Shapways site) have him print them in the white smooth detail plastic, they wont be as detailed (they'll have some fine ridges from the print process) but they will be way stronger.

Ron G 

Edited by ShakyCraftsman

Moluminum had some nice resin ones, but they don’t show that they’re in stock. Same for Czech Truck Model. Very Nice set, but not in stock. Might be able to find them on eBay and/or from ST Supply.image.jpeg.29f18ca650cf2ca2162de7a4a3bb0fba.jpeg

Edited by vincen47