Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 dodge dart sport

michelle

i built this  last year   and forgot to take pics of it 
i painted the body  with duplicolor perfect match  white pearl 
i purpousely painted the front seats dash and interior pan in different colors to make it look like it was pieced  together  from differet cars to make a complete interior 
i scratch built the surf board  and painted it and decaled it to match  the car   

IMG_1486.JPG

IMG_1485.JPG

IMG_1484.JPG

IMG_1483.JPG

IMG_1482.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1488.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG

IMG_1492.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

Nice job! I don't know why, but I'm surprised at how good that car looks in white! I'm not a particular fan of white cars, but sometimes it just works, as is the case here. Your choice of subtle striping provides just enough visual interest to balance that white and keep it from looking bland. Your car builds are getting noticeably cleaner and tighter. Well done!

10 minutes ago, bisc63 said:

Nice job! I don't know why, but I'm surprised at how good that car looks in white! I'm not a particular fan of white cars, but sometimes it just works, as is the case here. Your choice of subtle striping provides just enough visual interest to balance that white and keep it from looking bland. Your car builds are getting noticeably cleaner and tighter. Well done!

thank you 

1 hour ago, espo said:

Very nice looking. I remember when they offered this trim option and always liked how it looked. 

thank you it says hang 10 i figured it was a fictional version round 2 made that  mimicked the real  spirit of 76  stripe package  

Edited by michelle

Like Bisc' says, I am not a fan of white cars but this looks good in white. I like the pieced together look and wear on the steering wheel. Very realistic.

Did you do a boo boo like me and not paint the hood at the same time as the body or is it part of the pieced together look? Either way, it is character.

8 hours ago, Sledsel said:

Like Bisc' says, I am not a fan of white cars but this looks good in white. I like the pieced together look and wear on the steering wheel. Very realistic.

Did you do a boo boo like me and not paint the hood at the same time as the body or is it part of the pieced together look? Either way, it is character.

thank you   i can't really remember if i purpously did the hood like that or if i painted it separately