Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima "Liberty Walk" Huracan

4.jpg

So this has popped up among the pre-orders at one of my suppliers and I have to admit I'm pretty impressed. The previous "Liberty Walk" kits are attention getters but usually require some deft razor saw work in order to get them together. This is much more clearly aimed at novice builders who will be drawn in by the branding and style. 

Hey guys here's a simplified kit that costs 800¥ more than the McLaren Senna!!! 

Aoshima gives templates to cut out the inner fenders on the LB R35s, and RB Toyota 86s...then to prove how easy it was made a couple videos of their female office staff making the body modifications. 

The cost here is the one use nature of this tooling. They might be able to redo it as a pre-painted kit in the future, and while this is certainly cheaper than buying a regular Huracan and the HD transkit, I'm not sure it's worth $58 Japanese MSRP with it being that decontented. 

Yeah il be down to get a couple. Being a simplified kit it will be a quick easy build, over fenders molded to the body is good, no messing about hogging out wheel arch's and fiddling around trying align and fit the fenders. 

Accuracy and price wise, couldnt care its another cool looking Liberty Walk kit. 

Edited by Cool Hand

5 hours ago, Chuck Kourouklis said:

Ah.  That where the Zonda mighta gone?  Been wondering about that one...

The Zonda is with Aoshima, Nao left the company 6 years ago to start Rocket Models. There was thought he might do automotive stuff, but he makes too much money supporting World of Tanks and alternative universe intergalactic Nazis to be sink money into the cheapness abyss.

There's going to be an actual in person Shizouka Hobby Show in May, cut down to 2 days and not open to the public, so we'll see what is shown there. This had to break cover prior to the show because it's a June release and pre-orders need to get started.

• Haha 1

I would think maybe the reason the didnt move forward with their planned automotive kit was because Aoshima was going to do the same kit, and for a small start up company, it would make sense to not try and compete with them or anyone else on their first auto kit, although from what I was told, it would of been the better kit, on paper anyways.    I agree at this point, if the tanks are making them money , then whats the point.

13 hours ago, BVC500 said:

Ever since Aoshima lost their car guy to start his own company, Rocket models, we're left with reissues or modified ones. 😥

Not quite true, there have been a few new kits,  the 4 door R34 , the Toyota Probox, the Toyota Taxi, as well as some 1/32 kits( im sure I am forgetting some) ,  sure, none of them are barn burners or exciting , and yes, a lot of reissues, and modified reissues.

Edited by martinfan5

• 3 months later...

Well we knew this wouldn't be a single use tool, after all nothing is these days. So upcoming is Version 2 of the LB Huracan. The one originally mentioned in this thread should be released before the end of June.

FB_IMG_1624532291162.jpg.3f259b2351397830cf50abc690059f3a.jpg

FB_IMG_1624532515029.jpg.c14f22066a5e0de87f21942d0541cae8.jpg

Edited by niteowl7710
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cool Hand said:

Did you use the kits supplied tyres on both sets of wheels ??

Yeah their the kits tires. The rears are huge, very wide! 

So far the mock up needed no glue. Only 1 piece of tape. Very easy to wheel swap and customise these Aoshima kits. 

Easily the best instruction manual I’ve seen in a model kits. Also have stickers, decals and I think there was some extra stuff in their too. Great kit!!

2 hours ago, Sandboarder said:

Yeah their the kits tires. The rears are huge, very wide! 

So far the mock up needed no glue. Only 1 piece of tape. Very easy to wheel swap and customise these Aoshima kits. 

Easily the best instruction manual I’ve seen in a model kits. Also have stickers, decals and I think there was some extra stuff in their too. Great kit!!

If you haven't looked that far yet the front instructions are for applying the stickers and assembling it as is, the rear set is for painting it and applying the decals. The stickers and decals aren't numbered the same so make sure you're on the right guide.