Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is the correct paint for 76 chevy logo

Im working on the 1976 chevy pickup kit from revell. last night i started painting the grill and realized that i dont know what the correct color is for the chevy logo in the middle of the grill. In the picture it looks like almost a yellow orange type color.

I looked in rhe instructions and it was not indicated which color to use. 

Does anyone make a paint that is the exact color?

I doubt you'll find an exact color match in an existing paint, but it shouln't be too difficult to custom mix as it's only a tiny amount you'll need.

s-l1600.jpg

I would start with Testors Flat Yellow and adjust as needed:

1169TT_240px.ashx

Yellow - Flat

1169TT - 1/4 oz. Flats

I use the tamiya clear orange for the turn signals, but that is too orange. 

I have the model master turn signal paint in my drawer, i will give it a go on a spare chrome piece to see how it looks. I might need to dull it though

Interestingly, on the boxnart of the kit, it wasn't painted and was left chrome

Thanks guys

Edited by youpey

3 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

A thin coat of Testors "Turn Signal Amber" over the chrome would probably get you very close.

testors-model-master-automotive-lacquer-turn-signa.jpg?i=oQGJjB0pa_QKxG9mQEat_Z_awALMtWCh1iTabz3erEVXUQuWf4wHGguwQJ9b7OLUA56VGi1jYCJWZBP2MFrVs3c1PRCshEIutQS0uvMLBXg_pzQSYn8_AlYZG1vyuexbh-QkS_8UKaFPse_LXoP-lkjp8198htzWp1yA0bWAqnc2xtRhHT4j3sS0cizhhhfpzPXD7Q-ChGQrgEvjLxnnLYM-gE5_g8x640PWTSvhHScfPrlbY0wpvdafd3KVFKGuHy8DqSXD7bKea4wS94yCjA~~

Steve

I tried it in a test chrome piece and it looks great. I think im going to use it. 

I also think this color would make an awesome color for a car. I might have to make one. Maybe with silver base coat 

Thanks again