Model Cars Magazine Forum

custom 1970 dodge challenger

michelle

this is my second build for this year i built this replica of the hot wheels car dixie challenger  from 2 different amt 70 challenger parts cars  and a set of 80 volare side window louvers i got from tom geiger  and a piece of sprue i moded for the grille spliter i based the paint and decal work on the 2009 hot wheels issue but i swapped the colors of the flames and body for the model  the hot wheels  car is  a dark metallic blue  body with black flames   and i did the model  body in blac with blue flames which came with the  current issue of the 66 parklane which i als got this january  the roof was a pain to get lined up and glued right  the frond edge did not want to line up nicely with the top of the windshield frame 
the is some changes from the  hot wheels car i made like not having the grille split attached to the leading edge of the hood   the hot wheels car had 8 exaust pipes  on either side of the car  but i changed them to 4 on either side 
the hood is from harts parts resin 

IMG_1431.JPG

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1438.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

Edited by michelle

50 minutes ago, Geno said:

5f7.jpeg

thanks 

42 minutes ago, Kromolly said:

Nice job customizing.  The interior looks really nice.

thank you   the hot  wheel car  is a 2  seater  and had  a package shelf that almost   goes to  the back of the front seats  

10 hours ago, slusher said:

Very nice Michelle.

thank you 

3 hours ago, Smitty said:

Quite a creative approach to take on this car. Good call switching the colour combination. I like those wheels too.

thank you  i was trying to look at it as how dodge would have made a real version over the how hot wheels  made thiers 
i have no clue were the wheels came from they were in the box of wheel backs and tires and rims  that was with the two big boxes of parts cars and rebuilders and other random pats i got at a fleamart a a couple years  ago