Model Cars Magazine Forum

ICM Opel Admiral

I attached the exterior door panels & the grill to the fender unit & attached the cowl, roof & deck lid together giving me two large pieces to paint instead of many little ones. I did a lot of mock ups first, using the fender unit as a jig when attaching the parts to ensure everything lined up. The roof, cowl & deck lid together also allows you to address the seams. It gave me a better understanding as to how the kit goes together. It made final assembly easier too. Doing it this way makes interior assembly easier. 

No, not really. I did a lot of test fitting during the process, to avoid any pitfalls later. Sanding is needed where the panels meet to ensure a good fit. The lower edge of the exterior door panels need some attention to fit flush with the fenders. Once you have the main parts together, test fit again before paint to make sure all is square. When your doing this, note where your glue points are, it'll help later. It's a pretty precise kit, & for a multi piece body, the fit is really good. Question, my kit came without chrome parts, had to use BMF/chrome pen. Were chrome parts included in yours? I heard the RoG rebox lacked chrome, bit mine was an ICM product.