Model Cars Magazine Forum

I purchased this Jimmy Flintstone delivery a couple of years ago, and while I have used resin parts and pieces in the past,  I felt a complete body a little intimidating. After building the Falcon sedan delivery I am now a little less intimidated. 

I used a lot from the parts box, and found out I could use more parts...I am ordering a few more bodies now. (If anyone has any build ups, partial built, or bags of parts they want to trade off, let me know)

So here I am with a clean body, chassis with what looks like a camaro front clip already installed, and what I think I will need in parts.  I have a few pieces soaking in the purple pond also. I am currently figuring out a floor for the bed, and will start with a stepside bed floor....to begin with. I am also not completely sure of wheel/ tire combo yet. The ones on the pic came with the chassis. 

20210304_193115.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Love that body style!! Painting that much body will be a challenge!! Wish they would have lowered the fender well on the back like the 1955 Bel Air!  Wait a minute,....? That's what's great about this hobby it can be done!!!  Anyways, if your unsure of tire and wheel combo's? Take a look at "Dancing Bear" on FB!! They don't mess around!! Killer stuff!!! 

Gonna be a great project!

On 3/4/2021 at 9:51 PM, 89AKurt said:

Cool subject!  Instead of adapting the wood bed for the floor, I used diamond plate, just because the resin floor was horrible.  Just an idea.  Look forward to watching this.

IMG_1677_Fotor.jpg.0a63eed393bebe4390e2e8db706c7a2f.jpg

Nice job. 

1 hour ago, Lorne said:

Love that body style!! Painting that much body will be a challenge!! Wish they would have lowered the fender well on the back like the 1955 Bel Air!  Wait a minute,....? That's what's great about this hobby it can be done!!!  Anyways, if your unsure of tire and wheel combo's? Take a look at "Dancing Bear" on FB!! They don't mess around!! Killer stuff!!! 

Gonna be a great project!

Thanks.  Right now it is soaking in the purple pond.  I have prepped all my resin parts the same way for years and this one did not like the primer.  So at a standstill for the moment. 

On 3/14/2021 at 12:02 PM, Sam I Am said:

Nice job. 

Thanks.  Right now it is soaking in the purple pond.  I have prepped all my resin parts the same way for years and this one did not like the primer.  So at a standstill for the moment. 

Sam, do you think the mold release is not coming off?

39 minutes ago, slusher said:

Sam, do you think the mold release is not coming off?

That's my thought. I noticed a little green wax still stuck in one crevice, so I scrubbed it more thoroughly,  and it looked and felt fine until the masking tape pulled primer off. The primer that did bond, I cannot seem to get it all off. So I am picking away at it until I have it clean enough for who it's for.