Model Cars Magazine Forum

My rare auto models

caapa

On 12/10/2021 at 11:05 AM, caapa said:

BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage R 2015

The last version of the BMW 3.0 CSL didn`t come with the wing installed from the factory. Instead, customers would find it in the trunk, so they had to mount it themselves after the purchase. The car became the nickname „Batman”.  The Hommage is a homage to this car. The engine is an inline six about 500 HP with two turbos and an e-Boost hybrid system in the rear of the car. The car got the greatest diameter discbrakes  Brembo could supply. The interior is minimal to keep the weight as low as possible. The steering wheel, is similar to what is found in the DTM racer, is a cut-down creation.

The model is made by MSZT/China in 1:24 scale with authentic details. Only the red-dark-and light-blue tampon printings are missing on the front- and rear-end.

01 IMG_8314.jpg

02 IMG_8311.jpg

03 IMG_8310.jpg

04 IMG_8312.jpg

05 IMG_8313.jpg

06 IMG_8315.jpg

07 IMG_8322.jpg

Up Date.

I completed the front and rear end decoration. Additionaly I painted the wheels as the original plus BMW logo.

08 IMG_8960.jpg

09 IMG_8962.jpg

10 IMG_8954.JPG

• Like 2

Renault R40 F1 1983

In 1983 Alain Prost was undisputed no.1 driver. The RE40 was designed around his driving style, and he racked up many miles of testing to avoid the unreliability of the previous two seasons. The car was powered by a Renault Gordini EF1 turbocharged 1.5-litre V6 engine produced a claimed 880 bhp. This was the first Renault chassis to be built entirely of carbon fibre. Renault had never come so close to winning the constructors' championship as with RE40 in 1983. But the turbochargers themselves were to prove the RE40's weakness, and on numerous occasions turbo troubles end the race.  Alain Prost later recalled that  ťhat wear there was a good turbo to have and a bad one.” We had the bad one.”

The model is from ELF as a give away at the filling stations. It was in a wrong condition. I must scratch build the missing rearwing and gave a more autentical paintjob.

Enjoy the pictures.

IMG_8406.jpg

IMG_8407.jpg

IMG_8420.jpg

IMG_8421.jpg

IMG_8422.jpg

• Like 1

Audi R8 Le Mans 2000

At the R8’s Le Mans debut, the cars swept the podium in a 1-2-3 finish. In total the R8 won 63 out of 79 races giving it a winning record of 79.7%. The Team Audi Sport North America competed in the twelve round American Le Mans Series (ALMS) and nine out of twelve rounds an Audi R8 crossed the finish line first. Audi celebrated six double victories. The car was powered by an Audi 3.6 liter 610 bhp  90-degree V8 twin-turbo engine built in a carbon fiber and aluminium honeycomb monocoque. The car was not only quickly but safe too: according the regulations the roll-bar has to be good for min. 10 tonnes . The roll-bar of R8 was tested with a load of up to 27 tonnes.

The model made by Maisto in scale 1:18.

Enjoy the pictures.

1 IMG_8518.jpg

2 IMG_8512.jpg

3 IMG_8513.jpg

4 IMG_8514.jpg

5 IMG_8515.jpg

6 IMG_8503.jpg

7 IMG_8510.jpg

8 IMG_8505.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 12:13 PM, caapa said:

Lamborghini  Huracan  LP640-2 STO  2021

The STO is for Super Trofeo Omologata. The car delivers all the feel and technology of a genuine race car in a road-legal model. No wonder that  it is reminescent of the Huracan Super Trofeo EVO but it features a completely optimized aerodynamics and employing carbon fiber in more than 75% of the body panels. And the front of the car tilt first time forward after the Miura 1966.  The 640 HP engine is the most powerfull  V10 of Lamborghini. The top speed is 300 kmh and it accelerates in 3.00 s to 100 kmh.  And this is a road--legal car !

The model made by Jin Lifang/China in 1:24 scale. The model is good detailed . The engine bay is a bit simple but some detail paint can help.

01 IMG_8336.jpg

02 IMG_8331.jpg

03 IMG_8332.jpg

04 IMG_8333.jpg

05 IMG_8334.jpg

06 IMG_8335.jpg

07 IMG_8348.jpg

08 IMG_8339.jpg

Up date:

The exterieur of car is completed with the white accents on front lip and rear fin. The inside of endplates of rear wing is painted orange and the break kalipers too. It is pity that the kalipers are rotating with the disks together.

The little one is made by Tomica 1:62 scale. It needed only some white and orange lines and the STO + italian colours in front of the windscreen  to complete to the level of 1:24. (apart from the wheels)

09 IMG_8984.jpg

10 IMG_8982.jpg

11 IMG_8983.jpg

12 IMG_8985.jpg

13 IMG_8987.jpg

• Like 1

1-75 story 07

Ferrari Modulo 1969

The Modulo is unlike any car Ferrari had ever made. It originally started out as a Ferrari 512S for testing. After the tests, the engine and transmission were removed and the chassis was given to Pininfarina to build a show car. The car was shown at the 1970 Geneva Motor Show. It was originally painted black, but was later repainted in white. The Pininfarina design was well received by critics and has won 22 awards for its design. Ferrari never meant for the car to actually function - it had an empty engineblock only - and later  had given it to Pininfarina. But in 2014 they sold it to James Glickenhaus who restored it to full operating condition. The car is today road legal with licence plate and all necessary additons for drive on public roads.

Lamborghini Bravo Concept 1974

The Bravo was designed to showcase ideas for a replacement to the Urraco. Marcello Ghandini  designed at Bertone the fully working prototype with a 3.0L 300 hp V8 that powered the rear wheels. The car was tested nearly 270,000 km before went in the Bertone Museum.  It was never put into production but design elements are appeared on later Lamborghinis. In 2011 was sold at an auction for €588,000.

The models are in 1:75 scale curved from wood, with rubber tyres and inserted head and rear lights. That time I had only B&W photos so I found the Modulo is a dark colour – I tought Ferrari should be red – and the Bravo had a metalic paintjob. Now I know in reality the Modulo was black. The Bravo probably the champane coloured, after perlescent yellow and green and before todays white colour.

The white Modulo is made by Corgi in the Rockets line in 3” size. I repainted it, gave headlights by decals and completed the wheel covers with the lower parts.

Enjoy the pictures.

ferrari modulo 01.jpg

ferrari modulo 02.jpg

ferrari modulo 03.jpg

lamborghini bravo 01.jpg

lamborghini bravo 02.jpg

05 IMG_9001.jpg

01 IMG_8991.jpg

04 IMG_9003.jpg

02 IMG_8995.jpg

03 IMG_8998.jpg

• Like 1

I love the Modulo. I have one in 1:18.

I believe the car was originally white and it got briefly repainted black for a tire sponsor promotion or something like that. The Engine and transmission were never removed from it, they were just always gutted. Ferrari did not give the car to Pininfarina. It always belonged to them. Technically it is their own car, they just ask Ferrari for authorization to use their name and/or logos. 

11 hours ago, caapa said:

Hi Michael,

I used the attached reference article (about contemporary ?) to write it was originaly black. But knowing the media one can`t be sure.

ferrari modulo 1970 old bp 1.jpg

ferrari modulo 1970 ele-hát-fel bp.jpg

I have no idea who John Wood is, but this article if anything, demonstrates his ignorance about the subject matter. First off, the car was designed by Paolo Martin, not Pinin Farina himself. It was originally painted light blue pearl, almost light silver color for the Geneva Auto Salon. It got sprayed satin black for the Turin Motor show same year to appear in Pirelli ads (if I remember correctly). In the remainder of its 14 year show circuit world tour, the car was white and it remains white to this day. I have quite a Ferrari literature library, most of which is put away in boxes, so I can not dig up articles that I don't really know where to start looking for, but the idea for the design of the car was balance of shapes and in particular the red belt line which separates the upper half of the car mimicking the bottom half. Creating an effect of reflection on a water surface or mirror image. Which is why the car was originally light blue pearl and later white. The pictures of the car in black are wrongfully circulated as being from Geneva. One can actually go on Pininfarina's site where the studio themselves mention the car was originally light blue pearl (which looks very silver to me).

On the original sketches the design is in white.

cGpa4N.jpg

Note that the signature no the sketch is not Pininfarina.

5rUWtz.jpg

The mockup model was also in white.

epcwOX.jpg

Original color of the car.

c7FcrE.jpg

Wj5XKT.jpg

3vVN91.jpg

The car was also shown at the Osaka Auto Show, Japan in 1970, where it appears was still wearing it's original light blue pearl paint. 

UCxXfw.jpg

Either way, it is often called "The UFO car", because to this day it looks like it came out of a sci-fi movie. 

It has been made by variety of manufacturers in small scale, both as high end collectibles and as toys. Somewhat recently BBR made it as a resin model in 1/18 scale, which is the model I have. However Top Model is also supposed to release a 1/18 scale model, together with another Ferrari based concept design by Pininfarina from the same era - the 512S. The set of the two together should be retailing for less than just the Modulo from BBR, so I am definitely looking forward to adding it to my collection. 

A lot of people don't realize how many crazy cars like that were made back then and how illustrious the history of brands like Ferrari is. 

It is great to see models like that shown on here and I appreciate you sharing your collection with us. 

Edited by mrm
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, mrm said:

I have no idea who John Wood is, but this article if anything, demonstrates his ignorance about the subject matter. First off, the car was designed by Paolo Martin, not Pinin Farina himself. It was originally painted light blue pearl, almost light silver color for the Geneva Auto Salon. It got sprayed satin black for the Turin Motor show same year to appear in Pirelli ads (if I remember correctly). In the remainder of its 14 year show circuit world tour, the car was white and it remains white to this day. I have quite a Ferrari literature library, most of which is put away in boxes, so I can not dig up articles that I don't really know where to start looking for, but the idea for the design of the car was balance of shapes and in particular the red belt line which separates the upper half of the car mimicking the bottom half. Creating an effect of reflection on a water surface or mirror image. Which is why the car was originally light blue pearl and later white. The pictures of the car in black are wrongfully circulated as being from Geneva. One can actually go on Pininfarina's site where the studio themselves mention the car was originally light blue pearl (which looks very silver to me).

On the original sketches the design is in white.

cGpa4N.jpg

Note that the signature no the sketch is not Pininfarina.

5rUWtz.jpg

The mockup model was also in white.

epcwOX.jpg

Original color of the car.

c7FcrE.jpg

Wj5XKT.jpg

3vVN91.jpg

The car was also shown at the Osaka Auto Show, Japan in 1970, where it appears was still wearing it's original light blue pearl paint. 

UCxXfw.jpg

Either way, it is often called "The UFO car", because to this day it looks like it came out of a sci-fi movie. 

It has been made by variety of manufacturers in small scale, both as high end collectibles and as toys. Somewhat recently BBR made it as a resin model in 1/18 scale, which is the model I have. However Top Model is also supposed to release a 1/18 scale model, together with another Ferrari based concept design by Pininfarina from the same era - the 512S. The set of the two together should be retailing for less than just the Modulo from BBR, so I am definitely looking forward to adding it to my collection. 

A lot of people don't realize how many crazy cars like that were made back then and how illustrious the history of brands like Ferrari is. 

It is great to see models like that shown on here and I appreciate you sharing your collection with us. 

Thank you Michael for the information. I`m happy to learn something new always.

Maserati Birdcage 75th Anniversary Pininfarina 2005

The Maserati Birdcage 75th is a functional concept car to honor both the Birdcage and Pininfarina`s 75th anniversary. The car built on the carbon fiber chassis of a Maserati MC12 GT1 race car and powered by the Ferrari/Maserati F140 V12, rated at 700 hp engine.  The upper part of the body with the huge windshild from front to back made of perspex is to open half-half by raising and tilting for- and backwards. The wheels measuring 21 inches at the front and 22 inches at the rear. They were especially designed for the car. The Birdcage concept won the awards  of  Louis Vuitton Classic Concept, the Best Concept of the Geneva Motor Show 2005 and the L’automobile più bella del mondo. The car was completed in just 2 months, following a fast pace design phase using 3D renderings. The lone demonstrator model lacks air-conditioning  or any form of climate control.  In the great hurry they forget it ?

The model is made by Grani & Partner (7 Eleven) scale 1:64.

Enjoy the pictures.

IMG_8925.jpg

IMG_8922.jpg

IMG_8924.jpg

IMG_8927.jpg

IMG_8923.jpg

IMG_8926.jpg

Wow. lovely car that I never knew existed in model form. 

For those who are not very well versed in Ferrari/Maserati code, this was basically based on a Ferrari Enzo chassis and engine.

Thank you for showing this. Now I may have to chase one for my collection. 

Bugatti la Voiture Noir 2019

This one-off car was built to celebrate Bugatti's 110-year anniversary, as well as in a homage to the second of the four Type 57SCs—the original "la Voiture Noire,"- driven by Jean Bugatti himself. After 2 years  of development was ready the car which is not a hyper sports car like the Chiron, but instead a grand tourer now. The engine is 8 litre, quad-turbo 16-cylinder , 1,500 hp. The acceleration is 2.4 seconds  to 62 mph. The body design has some new elements. The headlights are with an insect-like light pattern, the rear light is a wavy line of leds and there are 6 exhaust pipes. Like the Type 57SC that inspired the 6 pipes, the car has a central spine that runs nearly the entire length of the car, with the windshield wiper standing upright while at rest. The Noire had been purchased by an unnamed buyer who is "fascinated" by the Type 57SC Atlantic Coupe,  for the highest new-car price ever — $ 18,905,235.-

The great Interest in the Bugatti La Voiture Noire was so intense following the concept reveal in early 2019 that Bugatti decided to make 20 “budget” Noire versions. Based on the Bugatti Chiron model, they’re priced at $3.3 million each.

The model made by a chinese manufacturer 1:24 scale. The ammount of gold decoration is a bit too much for my taste. Alas I saw only newly an other exemplar in more identical trim.

Enjoy the pictures.

1 IMG_8693.jpg

2 IMG_8695.jpg

3 IMG_8696.jpg

4 IMG_8698.jpg

5 IMG_8699.jpg

6 IMG_8704.jpg

1-75 story 08

Treser T1 Coupe/Cabrio 1987

In 1987 Walter Treser – the owner of a tuning company -  had enough of "only" converting Audis. He constructed a small-production car: the Treser Roadster T1 with retractable roof. „We designed the car around the roof”, said Treser.  The hardtop on the roadster slips into the gap between the seats and the engine compartment  at the push of a button.The mid-engined cars main components came from the VW Golf GTI 16V with 130 hp and arrived 209 km/h top speed. Its plastic body is based on a welded, glued and riveted aluminum composite sandwich on a construction similar to Audis aluminium space frame.  Difficulties in production and the high price tag led to the end of one of the most innovative tuners and manufacturers of Germany. There was built 25 pc totaly.

Lancia Rally 037 Stradale  1983

The car was developed in collaboration between Pininfarina, Abarth and Dallara.  First was built 200 street cars to correspond the FIA regulations.  The first versions of 037s had a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder supercharged engine. Power was quoted at 265 hp, the last version had 325 hp due to a displacement increase to 2.1 L. The rallye team won the Word Championship in 1983, second in 1984 and third in 1985. It was the last rear-wheel drive title winning car.

The models are made as usually from wood with rubber tyres. Some pictures are show the process of making a little model.

Enjoy the pictures.

IMG_8774.JPG

IMG_8775.JPG

IMG_8776.JPG

lancia 037 stradale 01.jpg

lancia 037 stradale 02.jpg

lancia IMG_0006.jpg

lancia IMG_0007.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 9:12 PM, keyser said:

037 a favorite. Nice skills. 
Treser odd, hadn’t thought of in ages. Looks like a mating of a Mangusta 2, an Alfa coupe, and a Mk 1 MR2. Not in a good way. 

Sure, the Treser Coupe isn`t a beauty. In its time its retractable roof was unic. In the cutaway drawing good visible the place for the top turned back behind the seats.

treser coupe 1987 cutaway.jpg

Maserati Boomerang Concept 1972

The Boomerang was the non-plus-ultra edge-car in 1971. The car was designed by Giorgetto Giugiaro and produced by Italdesign. It was first revealed at the Turin Motor Show as a non-functional model, but by the time of the 1972 Geneva Auto Show it was based on Maserati Bora chassis as a one-off. The car is powered by the Boras 4.7L V8 engine producing 310 hp and the top speed is believed to be about 280 kmh. It was never tested, Maserati used it as a showcar only. In 1972 the Boomerang was auctioned for about $3.8 million for a private person. After some further owners, restauration and repair it was in 2015 auctioned by Bonhams in France, and sold for $3.7 million. An one-of-a-kind prototype or concept car in private hands are rare, and fully functional examples like the Boomerang are rarer.

The model is made by Grani & Partner (7 Eleven) 1:64 in the Maserati line.

Enjoy the pictures.

01 IMG_8920.jpg

02 IMG_8917.jpg

03 IMG_8916.jpg

04 IMG_8918.jpg

05 IMG_8919.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bugatti Bolide 2019

Bugatti said the Bolide was a one-off experimental study.  But the original show car is fully functional and is powered by the 8.0-liter W16. In this form, the engine gives 1,824 hp. And take into account  that the whole car weighs just 1,240 kg. Bugatti said the Bolide could hit 100 km/h in 2.17 seconds and 500 km/h in 20.16 seconds.  Given the great demand for high-end hypercars, it was no surprise when in August 2021, Bugatti confirmed that the Bolide would hit the production line and be capped at just 40 units worldwide. But Bugatti will turn things down a notch for the production model, capping power to 1,578 hp and the production Bolide will also be quite a bit heavier - 1,450 kg. The price is about  $4 million and Jan 2022 all was sold out. The first Bolides are expected to reach the hands of customers in 2024.

The model made by XHD/China scale 1:24. There are some details to add or modifie later.

Enjoy the pictures.

1 IMG_8688.jpg

2 IMG_8692.jpg

3 IMG_8691.jpg

5 IMG_8690.jpg

6 IMG_8689.jpg

7 IMG_8687.jpg

8 IMG_8736.jpg

• Like 1

1-75 story 09

Cizeta-Moroder V16T  Concept 1988

Claudio Zampolli ( his monogram CZ – pronounced in Italian: chizeta ) - an automotiv engineer  - built the conceptcar in a joint venture with music composer Giorgio Moroder. The front part of body is designed by Marcello Gandini  after dislike the blunt  Diablo in his prefered style. The rear section is by Zampolli. The car was developed by Zampolli and a group of ex-Lamborghini employees and introduced in Los Angeles in December 1988. The car was powered by a V16 engine which based on 2 integrated Lamborghini Urraco 90° V8 in line and a single output in the center of the 2 engines to the five-speed transaxle  box.

Vector  W2 Concept 1978

Jerry Wiegert a young engineer presumed to dream big. He designed a car; the body,the chassis, the instrumentation, even the paint. Everyting  state of the art and high tech.. He said in 1977 to his W2 as a GT.  It was powered by twin-turbocharged  5.7 litre Chevrolet V8 engine with more than 600 hp. The car was claimed to arrive 389 km/h  top speed. There was built totally 19 pc lightly modified and named W8. Wiegert said 40 years later it was the world’s first supercar.  They are all hidden in garages, polished and well-maintained, always driven as antique pieces of art.

The models are made „traditionally” from wood.

Enjoy the pictures.

01 IMG_8790.jpg

02 IMG_8788.jpg

03 IMG_8789.jpg

04 IMG_8791.jpg

05 IMG_8781.jpg

06 IMG_8780.jpg

07 IMG_8782.jpg

08 IMG_8787.jpg

09 IMG_8785.jpg

• Like 1

Maserati Alfieri Concept 2014

Maserati unveiled the Alfieri, a 2+2 concept car to celebrate the Maserati ’s centenary at the Geneva Palexpo. The name of Alfieri, the most prominent of the Maserati brothers, and the engineering genius who founded “Officine Alfieri Maserati” in Bologna a century ago. The full functioning concept was powered by a 4691 cc,  450 bhp engine, connected transaxle to a  ZF 6-Speed automatic  gearbox. According to Lorenzo Ramaciotti, Group Chief of Design at Fiat: ”I sincerely can’t say that we’ll see this car in production in two years-time, but I’m certain we’ll see something very similar.” Alas the car didn`t went in production.

The model is made by Grani & Partner (7 Eleven) 1:64 in the Maserati line.

Enjoy the pictures.

01 IMG_9078.jpg

02 IMG_9075.jpg

03 IMG_9077.jpg

04 IMG_9076.jpg

05 IMG_9079.jpg

Lamborghini Essenza SC V12 2020

Automobili Lamborghini presents the Essenza SC V12, the track-only hypercar in a limited edition of 40 units. Developed by Lamborghini Squadra Corse and designed by Lamborghini Centro Stile. The 6.5 litre V12 engine without catalysts can deliver 830 hp, top speed is over 340 km/h. The power is handled by a new X-trac sequential 6-speed gearbox, situated transversely at the rear and combined with rear-wheel drive. The aerodynamic shape of the Essenza  creates 1,200 kg of downforce at 250 km/h, that’s more than the current GT3 cars. The body is a unique carbon-fiber tub without integrated roll cage developed with FIA prototype safety rules in mind.  The price is $2.4 million.

The model is made by Jiglifang/China 1:24 scale. The engine compartment is decorated highly but has very few analogy to 1:1.

Enjoy the pictures.

01 IMG_9192.jpg

02 IMG_9188.jpg

021 IMG_9205.jpg

03 IMG_9187.jpg

04 IMG_9190.jpg

05 IMG_9191.jpg

06 IMG_9196.jpg

031 IMG_9194.jpg

07 IMG_9198.jpg

08 IMG_9199.jpg

09 IMG_9203.jpg

Other than the Christmas paint, interesting. 
Resembles a long tail Sesto Elemento. I’m tired of greys but I’m more tired of gaudy. 
Really wish someone would do 1/24 Battista, Rimac, or Jesko etc. 

Thanks as always sir. 👍🏼🔥