Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Chevelle SS 396 Revell Kit .

rob1957

Hello.  Picked this kit up second hand . Box had seen better days. Found a date of 1989 underside body .

This was a nice kit to build . Plastic was a metallic blue, which was different . No nasty surprises , minimal flash to deal with .

Any mistakes at final build were mine .

Chevelle Box (640x480).jpg

Our colour is: Tru-Color Metallic Goldenrod Yellow , TCP-724 . Thinned with Tamiya Lacquer thinner . Nice paint to work with .

Interior was a mixture of Tamiya Nato Brown and some white . I forgot to take photo before tub was inserted .

I had a Molotov Chrome stick that dried out so we dumped it into small jar , it's applied to Chev logo on front/rear quarter panels on this build.

Drivers side (640x480).jpg

We experimented with tinted windows effect here . Airbrushed on inside of windows : Tamiya LP-67 Smoke Lacquer , thinned down . This will require a bit more practice .

It left a bit of a cloudy effect , but it doesn't detract from final appearance . Nice fit up with windows .

Pass side (640x480).jpg

A bit of extra detail under hood . Snug fit between fan and rad . We applied rubber casing from wire for dist. cap boots , glued them right on the cap which had prominent tabs

that we could work with .

Pay attention to rad placement , make sure it's down far enough so as not to interfere with hood . Just a little heads-up there .

Engine view (640x480).jpg

Chrome strip on front of hood is delicate , this one broke coming off sprue .

Black Tamiya Panel liner on grille .

Final verdict : nice kit to work with , ease of assembly . No compaints about this one .

Thank You for viewing our build .

Front looking down (640x480).jpg

Thanks for the feedback , much appreciated . Unfortunately the wiring doesn't show up well in photos .  Steering rod was a little tricky to get in place

I was looking on-line for some ," under the hood ," photos or schematics to try and wire up the battery , alternator , starter . Any suggestions ?

Very happy with this colour . I don't think it's a true factory GM colour . I'm sure a better painter than myself could really get this colour to pop .

Tru-Color has quite a product line . We ordered this from hobby shop in Toronto .

Any hints for decal application on chrome parts , ie; our breather cover . Impossible to get rid of decal outline , even with MicroSol , Micro Set .

Very noticeable in engine photo .

Maybe this happens when decals get to be a certain age ?