Model Cars Magazine Forum

I think the camaro  tailights work , i think its more their origin that bother  people.  Personlly the other tailights shown don't work for me.

Think the color works also.  Would want to see the wheels in person before I make a decision on them.

That's my opinion. It's really all very subjective. In the end the only person that has to like it was the one who commisioned to have it done.  

12 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

That's my opinion. It's really all very subjective.

That's all I was asking for. I wanted to hear others opinions. 

Actually, I'm happy that everybody has been able to share their opinions and there haven't been any squabbles at all on this thread!

14 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

I think the camaro  tailights work , i think its more their origin that bother  people.   

Arcane bit of info: the iconic Ford GT40 of the 1960s sourced their taillights from the Chevy Corvair.  Ford (or Shelby or FAV) didn't care back then.

Well I will add my 2 cents worth here and say I like Chip's design on this one. I never liked the original cars at all( not sorry blue oval fans). I have and always will be a blue bowtie guy. Now that has been said I am a big fan of the current generation of the Mustang. Beautiful design and being one of those old guys that still puts his window down to hear a deep throaty exhaust leave a traffic light, I can certainly appreciate the carefully crafted exhaust burble talk to me as it accelerates away on green. We have been in Myrtle Beach a couple times during Mustang week. While everyone else is in the motel room watching TV yours truly can be found outside in a lawn chair watching the thousands of Mustangs parade by.

Make America V8 again!!

The Tail light are just to thin compared to the thickness  of the tail light panel on this car. It has nothing to do with what they came from. If they made a one off copies twice as tall it would look better.

The side stripes are also confusing to me. The thicker the car side gets the thinner the strip gets. At the front the big wide and downward hockey stick stripe is at the thinnest part of the car. 

Edited by 1930fordpickup

Found this engine picture for the Foose Mack One..  Obviously it’s for the SEMA crowd and more of a resto-mod instead of combining an old Mustang with a completely modern interior, engine and chassis that would cost far more than it would ever be worth.

4298C43E-3FA6-4294-990A-9C62664CBF3D.jpeg

Edited by vamach1

22 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Found this engine picture for the Foose Mack One..  Obviously it’s for the SEMA crowd and more of a resto-mod instead of combining an old Mustang with a completely modern interior, engine and chassis that would cost far more than it would ever be worth.

4298C43E-3FA6-4294-990A-9C62664CBF3D.jpeg

The body was built around an '09 Mustang floor and chassis

He's levelled off the rear fender line at the top and the rear dropglass opening. , For me, that loses the car's identity and I don't look at as a Grande Mustang. It becomes anonymous. You've got admire the work but not a car I'd want. It was proper, Ford styled and built Mach1's that used to make me drool, not massaged ones. 

On 3/16/2021 at 5:54 PM, vamach1 said:

That’s much more effort and cost than the Wheeler dealers would put into a Mack One (misspelled on purpose).

I saw that episode, silly that he kept pronouncing it "mack".

7 hours ago, afx said:

I saw that episode, silly that he kept pronouncing it "mack".

That's because he pronounced it correctly.

It is named after the Austrian physicist Ernst Mach who studied super sonic effects such as shock waves.

Edited by maltsr