Model Cars Magazine Forum

29 Ford Roadster - Dragster

A great build Jim of an iconic roadster! I have always thought of doing one and similar to Alan have been collecting bits and pieces. Seeing your build has spurned me on, even have the Scott blower on order from Norm. This is a challenging build to create a replica and you are very inventive with your solutions and techniques, a real inspiration.
Cheers Misha

Edited by Misha
Spellin’

Found a smaller diameter brass rod than the 1/16 ".....smallest I have...1/32" dia.

Bent a frame in one piece.

Here's a comparison.

The roll bar looked a bit fat in the picture as well, so I'm going from 3/32" to 1/16 "

29 NEW  replacement seat frame 1.JPG

29 NEW  replacement set frame 2.JPG

Edited by SpeedShift
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Always loved this car..!!!! I too wanted to build this model many years ago. You're doing a great job on this one!  I also have pics of the one in the museum glass cabinet somewhere. I'll look for them.

--->

** I used to work with Tony.  He always would give me parts from the cars, his old racing clothes, models, books, paper material etc.  He wouldn't stop talking about old racing stories when I would work there.

BUT, I had the wonderful opportunity to massage the cars when we displayed them out at the CHRR.  Here's me giving the car another wipe down for the days event.  Always fun getting your hands on these race cars.

Looking forward to seeing the finished model.

IMG_3554.thumb.JPG.9ad8ddc4ef93654dcff20cfb4026247a.JPG

IMG_3556.thumb.JPG.8221fb9f018d074180bf9eb12eb8343c.JPG

• Like 2