Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auto quiz 513

55 minutes ago, dw1603 said:

Oh dear, I am no good with these Brass Era cars.

There are so many different manufacturers of them, I was very surprised to find that as I was searching. One of the most challenging quizzes for me! I like this particular one a lot.

1 minute ago, DonW said:

There are so many different manufacturers of them, I was very surprised to find that as I was searching. One of the most challenging quizzes for me! I like this particular one a lot.

Oh, this will be easy - all I have to do is match the radiator. Oh, they all use that radiator.

I started out thinking Mercedes 60hp, then Michaels clue led me to Mercedes-Simplex - but both those are chain driven although otherwise the roadster versions are almost identical to the Pings-Finch. I suspect a connection. Then more vaguely random searching for American roadsters built in the same year as the Mercedes Simplex gave me the answer. Btw, it's a Pings-Fitch not a Pungs-Fitch!😀

Here's the Mercedes-Simplex - note the rear wings which cover the drive sprockets as well as the wheels:

Mercedes Simplex High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

Edited by DonW