Model Cars Magazine Forum

1968 Dodge D800 Dump

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the comments guys!! I was able to start back on this one after finishing a bathroom remodeling job for my wife.😀

The interior is in. For some reason my hood warped after painting it. It doesn’t fit as good as it did before. Getting closer to done though.

911762A8-A9AE-4F9A-8F1B-0C13B2A48A8C.jpeg.8833bc4a538a766ff489cc6056779d07.jpeg

14 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I was able to start back on this one after finishing a bathroom remodeling job for my wife.😀

I'm glad to see you back on this one Brian, I really like it!  We all have to make some compromises to keep each other happy and it takes away some of the guilt, anyway, the bathroom will serve the whole family... 😊

2 minutes ago, AmericanMuscleFan said:

I'm glad to see you back on this one Brian, I really like it!  We all have to make some compromises to keep each other happy and it takes away some of the guilt, anyway, the bathroom will serve the whole family... 😊

Thanks!

My wife has been casually reminding me every year for the past 18 years that she wanted a new bathroom. I figured that I better not let it go to 19. 😀

9 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Thanks!

My wife has been casually reminding me every year for the past 18 years that she wanted a new bathroom. I figured that I better not let it go to 19. 😀

A wise man you are I admit! 😁  You can rest easy, the truck will be better off now (as if that were possible in your capable hands...)! 👌

Thanks Jeff!

I have a little more done. I worked on the hood and got it some better. I tried my wife’s hair dryer and hot water, followed by cold water on both. I get it almost perfect, then after about a half hour it gets back closer to its previous state. It is now a lot better than it was, but still not perfect.

11A9F538-8B72-447D-82E8-3907AC966DC6.jpeg.12f44e0df21eab0c92979ab6334d8209.jpeg

On 5/15/2021 at 1:09 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

There's no doubt about it, you know how to make the best out of a resin kit Brian!

It's an outstanding quality, once again we feel like we're looking at a picture of a real vehicle and that's a definite mark of success!  You impress me sir, it will sell in no time!!! 👌

Thanks so much for the huge compliment!! Remember, I’ve seen your work. Mine pales in comparison.

Thanks to everyone who commented! Thanks to all the great builders who were an encouragement along the way. Thanks to Charles Rowley who sent me the proper hood!

This one is done and Under Glass.