Model Cars Magazine Forum

dscV17 - DESERT SCALE CLASSIC VIRTUAL VENUE

Danno

dscV17 - The Virtual Venue DESERT SCALE CLASSIC is open for business! 

• Sponsor an award package.
  • Be a Virtual Vendor.
  • Be an Event Sponsor.
  • Register your Entries.
  • Win one of 100 awards (critically judged, not a popularity contest).

Check it out:   dscV17.com

Grab a piece of the action!  You don't want to miss this! 

6 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Dan- drop me a note PM says you can’t receive messages!

Will do, Tom.  Sorry it took me so long to see this;  been a busy day.

Didn't realize my message box was full. Yikes.

🌵😎,

SPONSORS  WANTED  

Even as we get nearer to April, we still have awards packages available for sponsorship!  

Check it out:  dscV17 Award Sponsorship Packages

Get in before it's too late.  Select an award package and let us know how you want it titled.  Many choice selections are still available. 

dscV17 - the best International critically judged model car/truck championship!

• 3 weeks later...

@Danno - I had a rules question, wondering if you can help...

The rules state that you need turn signals, windshield wipers, mufflers etc. etc. in the street rod class (indeed, in all the "street legal" classes).  Is that correct, and enforced? 

Want to make sure my build qualifies properly!  Thank you!

Edited by CabDriver

11 hours ago, CabDriver said:

@Danno - I had a rules question, wondering if you can help...

The rules state that you need turn signals, windshield wipers, mufflers etc. etc. in the street rod class (indeed, in all the "street legal" classes).  Is that correct, and enforced? 

Want to make sure my build qualifies properly!  Thank you!

True, Jim. 

Categories designated as 'must be street legal' require at least lights, glass, wipers, mufflers, seat belts (for open cars), treaded tires, and license plates.

We require a photo image of the rear of the vehicle to allow confirmation of the license plate (must represent an actual MVD registration plate - "Mooneyes" plates, etc., don't cut it).

In the event an entry doesn't have the minimal 'street legal' equipment, we can/will move it to another appropriate category that doesn't specify 'street legal' - if one is available. 

Our experience has been that many builders produce killer, highly detailed factory stock or street machine or pickup models (just a couple of examples) but don't bother to attach a license plate to the bumper! 

FYI - Often times, the 'street legal' details make all the difference between the nice entries and THE WINNER! 

Can't say I've ever seen a 1:1 car on the street with a chrome-plated "1969" on its rear bumper, but some of the otherwise exquisite models entered in contests would have you think so.  

BTW, we also have a 'catch-all' category for anyone who doesn't want to bother with details.  It's called "Curbside."  We don't judge interiors, undercarriages, engine compartments, etc. We only look at what you might see of a 1:1 as you walk past it while it is parked at the curb. Hence, the name of the category.

I hope this answers your questions or helps with clarifications. Don't hesitate to ask or contact us if any questions remain.

-danno-

dscV17.com

dsc-hq@cox.net

7 hours ago, Danno said:

True, Jim. 

Categories designated as 'must be street legal' require at least lights, glass, wipers, mufflers, seat belts (for open cars), treaded tires, and license plates.

We require a photo image of the rear of the vehicle to allow confirmation of the license plate (must represent an actual MVD registration plate - "Mooneyes" plates, etc., don't cut it).

In the event an entry doesn't have the minimal 'street legal' equipment, we can/will move it to another appropriate category that doesn't specify 'street legal' - if one is available. 

Our experience has been that many builders produce killer, highly detailed factory stock or street machine or pickup models (just a couple of examples) but don't bother to attach a license plate to the bumper! 

FYI - Often times, the 'street legal' details make all the difference between the nice entries and THE WINNER! 

Can't say I've ever seen a 1:1 car on the street with a chrome-plated "1969" on its rear bumper, but some of the otherwise exquisite models entered in contests would have you think so.  

BTW, we also have a 'catch-all' category for anyone who doesn't want to bother with details.  It's called "Curbside."  We don't judge interiors, undercarriages, engine compartments, etc. We only look at what you might see of a 1:1 as you walk past it while it is parked at the curb. Hence, the name of the category.

I hope this answers your questions or helps with clarifications. Don't hesitate to ask or contact us if any questions remain.

-danno-

dscV17.com

dsc-hq@cox.net

That's just what I needed to know - thanks for the fast (and detailed) response Danno!  Much appreciated!

• 1 month later...

Just a hair under three (3) weeks left until Registration closes.  Don't miss out . . . 

ALSO - - - TruColor Paints just signed on as a sponsor!!!  Check out our website for Event information, to view the Entries to date, and to link over to see  all of TruColor's automotive hobby paints.

🌵😎

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Judging is happening. 

We had planned/hoped to be finished by 07/01/2021, but it has been pushed back to 05/15/2021 due to a few unforeseen situations.

For now, enjoy perusing the Entries, root for your favorites, and stand by!

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2021 at 8:41 AM, Danno said:

Judging is happening. 

We had planned/hoped to be finished by 07/01/2021, but it has been pushed back to 05/15/2021 due to a few unforeseen situations.

For now, enjoy perusing the Entries, root for your favorites, and stand by!

Thanks,

Please let us know when the results have been posted. 

Thanks