Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Shelby Mustang GT-350 Wimbeldon White

baycolony

Presented is the 1/25 scale AMT 1967 Shelby Mustang GT-350 finished in "Gravity Colors" Ford Wimbeldon White with decals from "Kieth Marks." The additions include a parts box alternator, scratchbuilt power steering pump, pulley, cellenoid, and antenna, added battery caps, athletic tape for air cleaner element, "Fireball Modelworks" tires, and overhead seatbelts. The engine was wired and plumbed. Adhesive foil and molotow pen was used for the chrome trim throughout.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Super nice job.  If I was a Mustang Club of America or SAAC concours judge I might take off for the missing paint marks on the leaf springs.  😉  In all seriousness this is a fantastic replica stock build. 

16 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Is the "SFMxxxx" VIN decal included in the kit or was it with the Marks set? It's a really nice touch!

On Fotki Keith’s decal sheet it shows that decal.  I’ve never seen one in a kit.

6CA7363F-EB26-4EB0-AA34-6810AC819963.jpeg

18 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

On Fotki Keith’s decal sheet it shows that decal.  I’ve never seen one in a kit.

Cool! Me likey. Adds a lot to the already amazing build.

Non-Mustang folks are saying, "What?" LOL.

Also really liking the "dipped" front lower control arms and the aluminum bellhousing with the cast iron transmission case.

Edited by Rodent

Wow, thanks for all the nice comments!  Yes, the vin plate decal is from the Kieth Marks set.  Also, the windshield washer bag was adorned with a colored pencil and label made from a picture of the actual bag, otherwise it would be just a black plastic blob.

Thanks, and it is close to the correct blue on the ps pump but not quite.  It should be a bit bluer and metallic.  I used a Pontiac engine color.  It is the closest thing I had at the time.  I also forgot to mention that I sanded off the molded hood pin wire and replaced it with fine metal wire which I glued to the underside of the hood.  Not functional, but looks the part with the hood closed.