Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Ford 3100 COE Wrecker

Well, I've started a new project. I know, those that know me are saying but you've got some many yet to complete. Ha, all in due time. Soe are waiting on decals, others (most of them) are waiting on motivation. A couple of years ago I bought a resin COE cab and finally found a few interesting photos to inspire me to build this. I don't know much about COEs and have no idea what I'm going to do about the interior. I also am lacking on knowledge of mid-centruy wrecker mechanics and mechanisms. I'l figure that out as I get closer to the rear.

This picture piqued my interest first although it a Pontiac (really cool) and then I started doing searches for the '50 Chevy style. There's quite of few for reference and bed/box styles but I really like the one in the Pontiac picture.

Jump on board for an interesting ride.

COE.jpg

Edited by gasser59

20 minutes ago, gasser59 said:

Well, I've started a new project> I know, those that know me are saying but you've got some many yet to complete. Ha, all in due time. Soe are waiting on decals, others (most of them) are waiting on motivation. A couple of years ago I bought a resin COE cab and finally found a few interesting photos to inspire me to build this. I don't know much about COEs and have no idea what I'm going to do about the interior. I also am lacking on knowledge of mid-centruy wrecker mechanics and mechanisms. I'l figure that out as I get closer to the rear.

This picture piqued my interest first although it a Pontiac (really cool) and then I started doing searches for the '50 Chevy style. There's quite of few for reference and bed/box styles but I really like the one in the Pontiac picture.

Jump on board for an interesting ride.

COE.jpg

This is gonna be a cool project Brad....can’t wait to see some progress pics👍

This is just too cool! I love these things, but I gotta say the second bed pictured is my personal fave; just something in all those curves that make it look more crafted as opposed to just assembled from straight tubes and angles. I'd love to see more detail photos of that construction. Either way you go, this is going to be sweeeeet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...