Model Cars Magazine Forum

Survivor 32 Ford drag

Modlbldr

I picked this up from a guy last week. It needed a good cleaning and a bit of freshening up. Being that it appears to be a build from the 60's I felt it best not to try to change anything. 

I tore it down to the basic assemblies for a good cleaning (man, was it dirty) and reassembled and replaced a few missing parts. Still need a passenger side exhaust manifold and a taillight. 

Enjoy!

Later-

IMG_20210305_153306807.jpg

IMG_20210305_155040926_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210305_200555616.jpg

IMG_20210309_143822517.jpg

IMG_20210309_143834543_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210309_143845790_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210309_143853603_HDR.jpg

Thanks guys! Glad you like it. I've stumbled into a small collection of builds from a guy  who is not the original builder. I'm picking up some of them, all about the same condition. Some I plan to strip and some I plan to just clean up and put back together. If you like this, stay tuned for more.

Later-

Looks great. When I first saw what you had to work with I admit thinking is it worth it to do. Now seeing this all redone it was time well spent. The original builder did a really nice paint job and aligning all of the holes couldn't have been easy. 

Nice rescue work! 

Somebody spent a lot of time and effort building this one and it's good to know that the builder's work is still appreciated.

BTW how did the interior fare with the cleanup? That custom cloth covering must have added to the challenge.

David G.

43 minutes ago, David G. said:

Nice rescue work! 

Somebody spent a lot of time and effort building this one and it's good to know that the builder's work is still appreciated.

BTW how did the interior fare with the cleanup? That custom cloth covering must have added to the challenge.

David G.

Thanks guys! I sure would like to know who the OB was. Would be nice to pickhis brain about a few of his builds and let him know that they are being appreciated. I'll be posting pics this morning when I unpack them.

David- the interior cloth held on just fine. I didn't wash it because I wasn't sure how it would hold up. I just took a damp toothbrush to it. It didn't manage to get all of the dirt off but a majority of it did. You can kind of see the results in this photo.

Later-

IMG_20210305_205518061_HDR.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice save an an iconic hot rod.  I'll bet that one whistled when it went down the strip. Also wonder how it got through tech inspection with that fuel tank on the running board right beside the driver. Looking forward to more of your saves, keep'em coming.

• 7 months later...

What an Awesome Save, Tom! There are pics at the Gasser Madness site, of cars that had the Swiss Cheese treatment done to them, just like this model. So, this is a completely Legitimate build for the day. The OB could have seen real cars exactly like this.