Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1961 Jaguar XKE - British Racing Green.

RandyB.

This is the first build up of the Revell kit I have seen and it looks good to me judging by how handsome your model turned out. Did you get your kit from a local hobby shop?  They have not arrived yet on Vancouver Island. I don't think the windshield height will discourage me from buying one of these kits.

Nice build of the Jaguar Randy, up to your usual standard.  I built a test shot of this kit for a magazine and, when doing my research found that the kit represents an E-type built between June and October 1962.  Here's an excerpt from my article "Revell’s new kit sits between the Monogram kit and the Heller kit in the development of the E-type. Inspecting the chassis moulding reveals dished footwells and recessed bulkheads behind the seats, introduced in June 1962 to provide more room for taller occupants. Aluminium trim on the dashboard and centre console is present and the engraving suggests it has a dot pattern. In October 1962, this pattern on the aluminium trim was changed to a crosshatch design. This places the kit as a car built between June and October 1962".  Revell provide an excellent decal sheet for the kit but, unfortunately, the year is wrong on the registration plates.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your cleanly built car models.

On 3/13/2021 at 4:06 AM, Jim Whalen said:

Nice build of the Jaguar Randy, up to your usual standard.  I built a test shot of this kit for a magazine and, when doing my research found that the kit represents an E-type built between June and October 1962.  Here's an excerpt from my article "Revell’s new kit sits between the Monogram kit and the Heller kit in the development of the E-type. Inspecting the chassis moulding reveals dished footwells and recessed bulkheads behind the seats, introduced in June 1962 to provide more room for taller occupants. Aluminium trim on the dashboard and centre console is present and the engraving suggests it has a dot pattern. In October 1962, this pattern on the aluminium trim was changed to a crosshatch design. This places the kit as a car built between June and October 1962".  Revell provide an excellent decal sheet for the kit but, unfortunately, the year is wrong on the registration plates.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your cleanly built car models.

Jim...good to know. Thanks.