Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC 1975 Datsun 620 Pickup Parts Runner

Just finished this one up last week. It was a lot of fun to build and it completely changed from the original concept, but I'm pretty happy with it. It was going to be a green shiny paint truck with Pegasus chrome reverses and pinner whitewalls.

The more research I did the more I found images of the JDM shop truck...I like that truck a lot. So the plan changed and it ended up like this. I built a few of these Datsun pickups back in the 70s, but they never turned out that well.

I didn't want to get too crazy so it's basically out of the box with some paint detailing. I lowered the suspension with an assortment of street rod parts and used the steel wheels from the Revell 57 Chevy Black Widow kit (6 lugs) along with a set of American Satco 165/70R14 tires. The paint is Rust-Oleum Chalked Farmhouse Red that was weathered by wet-sanding down to the primers and using some Rustall here and there.

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.

IMG_7181.JPG

IMG_7182.JPG

IMG_7183.JPG

IMG_7184.JPG

IMG_7185.JPG

IMG_7186.JPG

IMG_7187.JPG

IMG_7188.JPG

IMG_7190.JPG

• Like 3

Great looking finish on the body., very realistic looking. I also was a fan of the JDM Legends TV program and wish that it would return. I liked seeing how the people interacted with one another with respect no made up drama. Your build really captures the look of their shop truck. Put this in the center of your display shelfs with all the shinny builds around it and wait and see what draws everyone attention first. 

• 2 years later...