Model Cars Magazine Forum

Restoration of a Porsche 934

I'm revisiting this build. I'm calling it the restoration of a Porsche 934.
The Eagle eyed among you will notice (apart from a few bits that have fallen off and some spray splatter on the background from its storage in the garage it doesn't need much restoration, well I have a cunning plan, I'm going to age it quite drastically, maybe have it languishing in a yard resting on bricks with the engine on a pallet covered by a tarpaulin, maybe even with a tree or Bush growing out of the car.
Then I am going to do a full restoration of it, that's the plan anyway.

IMG-6152.jpg
IMG-6151.jpg
IMG-6150.jpg

Started the rusting on this (still a long, long way to go) it a fine line between beliavable and too far quite pleased with the start I know some of the rust looked very granular and there is not enough colour variation but it's definitely a good starting point.

IMG-6500.jpg
IMG-6499.jpg
IMG-6498.jpg
IMG-6497.jpg
IMG-6496.jpg
IMG-6495.jpg
IMG-6494.jpg
IMG-6493.jpg
IMG-6492.jpg
IMG-6491.jpg

I've decided not to have a tree growing out of it instead it will be a bramble (undecided whether winter spring or summer with nice juicy berries on it) im finding it very difficult to decide on the final setting, I was thinking of having the bonnet chucked on the roof with gouges and scratches or as it is now but I could sling the doors I could sling anywhere in the car or maybe even have one laying on the ground no where near the car almost over grown.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So let me get this straight.

You took an awesome shiny build, made it an awesome old and rusty and neglected build, and now you are going to do a full restoration and make it shiny and perfect again?

I think you're crazy.

And I think it's fanastic! Looking forward to seeing it brought back to life.

:)

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

So let me get this straight.

You took an awesome shiny build, made it an awesome old and rusty and neglected build, and now you are going to do a full restoration and make it shiny and perfect again?

I think you're crazy.

And I think it's fanastic! Looking forward to seeing it brought back to life.

:)

thats what I was thinking haha

• 2 weeks later...