Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Germany Car hauler now out

Mr mopar

Another re-release? Makes you wonder why they bother releasing it and then discontinuing it, if they're only going to bring it back a couple of years later.

Just keep it in production! 

Anyway, glad I sold my original issue on eBay before news of this one got out there. :)

Have built a couple, it's a nice kit.

13 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Another re-release? Makes you wonder why they bother releasing it and then discontinuing it, if they're only going to bring it back a couple of years later.

Anyway, glad I sold my original issue on eBay before news of this one got out there. :)

Ditto, sold mine too that I bought back in the '90s.  I'd never get around to building that one and have many, many others that I would rather build.

15 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

I think they do a batch of kits and when they are gone from the factory they discontinue the kit for a while instead of doing another batch right away, it's the only thing I can think of.
I wonder why they are doing this kit again so soon after the last time it was out, wich was 6 years ago, when they have so many truck and trailer kits in their inventory that haven't been out in ages, some of them one time only.

Edited by Force

6 hours ago, Force said:

I think they do a batch of kits and when they are gone from the factory they discontinue the kit for a while instead of doing another batch right away, it's the only thing I can think of.
I wonder why they are doing this kit again so soon after the last time it was out, wich was 6 years ago, when they have so many truck and trailer kits in their inventory that haven't been out in ages, some of them one time only.

Yeah one comes to mined the Beall tanker would have been a better choice 

23434ed9-91d8-432b-aadc-4ad573c4940d.jpg

Edited by Mr mopar

6 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Yeah one comes to mined the Beall tanker would have been a better choice 

23434ed9-91d8-432b-aadc-4ad573c4940d.jpg

I'm with you on that...allthough I have two allready but it's a sought after trailer.
Another interesting choices could be the Heavy Gravel Trailer, the Heavy Flatbed Trailer, the Heavy Tank Trailer, the Australian Road Train Trailer, The Heavy Duty Trailer and Truck Racing Trailer based on that, the Box Trailer, and the Racing Trailer.
So they have lots to choose from and most has only been issued once...or twice like the Beall Tank Trailer, the Auto/Car Transporter has been out six times as a single trailer or with a truck since 1983 including the IMEX issue of the same kit and not including this reissue.

7 hours ago, Force said:

I'm with you on that...allthough I have two allready but it's a sought after trailer.
Another interesting choices could be the Heavy Gravel Trailer, the Heavy Flatbed Trailer, the Heavy Tank Trailer, the Australian Road Train Trailer, The Heavy Duty Trailer and Truck Racing Trailer based on that, the Box Trailer, and the Racing Trailer.
So they have lots to choose from and most has only been issued once...or twice like the Beall Tank Trailer, the Auto/Car Transporter has been out six times as a single trailer or with a truck since 1983 including the IMEX issue of the same kit and not including this reissue.

I agree .

13 hours ago, metalhead said:

It would be really nice if they brought out the Beall tanker again. I have one and I'm almost afraid to build it because it is very rare to find another one at a price that won't kill your bank account. 

We all have to start asking Revell to bring it back .

I might get one of these this time around. I’d be more interested in converting it to a stinger type along with outfitting a tractor, so two would probably be needed for that project.

However, as others have said, I’d be more excited for a Beall Tanker or other trailers that are rare and pricey.

Edited by vincen47

• 2 weeks later...