Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Ford F250 - Holler Matriarch

Finished this one in December 2020.  I used the Fireball Modelworks F250 conversion parts. I also used Fireball Wheels and Tires and cab lights.  Weathered the body using the salt technique and frame and undercarriage with various pigments and washes.

Saddle Rug front seat cover, Yosemite Sam floor mats, and a bandana from the rearview mirror.  I added plug wires and a fuel line and filter. I named this one the Holler Matriarch, because when nobody else can get out of the holler she can get you to town to get the Bread and Milk!

IMG_4924.JPG

IMG_4925.JPG

IMG_5139.JPG

IMG_5143.JPG

IMG_5148.JPG

IMG_5156.JPG

IMG_5164.JPG

IMG_5166.JPG

IMG_5179.JPG

IMG_5191.JPG

IMG_5193.JPG

IMG_5199.JPG

IMG_5204.JPG

IMG_5205.JPG

IMG_5258.JPG

• Like 1

The "ageing " of the finish on this is one of the most realistic looking I've seen lately. The chassis conversion looks great. The seat covers are as seen in most older trucks that have lived a hard life like this one. 

Especially love the interior, very authentic Ky. clay and mud ground into the mats! Great exterior finish, just not rusty enough for a Ford of that vintage!😉 Under-hood is mighty clean, too! (I live in KY too, I know how dirty these things can get, quickly, in or out of the holler...) Well done model!

Awesome build.  I'm glad you posted this, I wasn't aware of the Fireball conversion but I will check that out.  I'm a big fan of this vintage Ford 3/4 ton.  I love what you did with this one, looks like so many old Fords on the road that will never die or succumb to a CAN-bus failure that renders it as useless as a brick.

Very nice.    This is the best looking F250 conversion I have seen here,  you got the front axle centered in the wheel opening.  Makes a big difference.   Weathering looks nice.   You might want to get a bungee cord over that battery so it won't end up in the fan😁

8 hours ago, Doug 1061 said:

Very nice.    This is the best looking F250 conversion I have seen here,  you got the front axle centered in the wheel opening.  Makes a big difference.   Weathering looks nice.   You might want to get a bungee cord over that battery so it won't end up in the fan😁

so true on battery. I have done the bungee cord on the battery before.  I never thought of it on this build.

thanks for all the comments.