Model Cars Magazine Forum

An Almost Cool TV Commercial

29 minutes ago, Dave Van said:

Anyone see the Dodge ad that is right out of 'Talladega Nights'??? Odd they bring that film back after this long.....

Never saw the movie but pretty sure I saw the ad you're talking about. That explains it. 

I agree this is a cool commercial and not just because there's racing involved. It catches your attention and then you stick with it to see where it's going and they make a good point on selling their product. Most commercials these days are stupid and annoying which I guess companies think we'll like and then buy their product. Not me!

I've liked some past commercials with Flo and Jamie, but lately the characters seem just annoying.  "In universe" they seem obnoxious with other characters, particularly Jamie's ride with a woman in her car in a current commercial.  Quirky characters are fine, but this is beyond that.

I don't understand the reason behind the Emu.

Farmers Insurance commercials have used quite a few miniature props and sets.  I've seen behind the scenes pictures, including a 1:25 pickup.

12799377_1219428954753004_55785505097525

https://foncostudios.com/fabrication

3 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

There are a bunch of great commercials, this is on of my favorites, Nissan

Dick Dale and the Deltone's.  Thanks for the flash back. Makes me want to blow bubbles and do the Surfers Stomp. What were we thinking ?  

On 3/20/2021 at 8:13 PM, Brian Austin said:

I've liked some past commercials with Flo and Jamie, but lately the characters seem just annoying.  "In universe" they seem obnoxious with other characters, particularly Jamie's ride with a woman in her car in a current commercial.  Quirky characters are fine, but this is beyond that.

I don't understand the reason behind the Emu.

Farmers Insurance commercials have used quite a few miniature props and sets.  I've seen behind the scenes pictures, including a 1:25 pickup.

https://foncostudios.com/fabrication

Progressive use too be funny now they just throw lame commercials out like the kid with the sign and others

28 minutes ago, slusher said:

Progressive use too be funny now they just throw lame commercials out like the kid with the sign and others

Yeah, and how they make that job into a major career move when they show him taking to GF/spouse inside a nice home. Wow. Like one of those dudes would even have a GF.

31 minutes ago, lordairgtar said:

Yeah, and how they make that job into a major career move when they show him taking to GF/spouse inside a nice home. Wow. Like one of those dudes would even have a GF.

That's just part of the humor.  We'd never suspect that from Jamie.

Hadn't seen the Allstate drag race commercial. Thanks for sharing it.  I agree; it is one of the better ones lately.

Flo and her compadres are lame, as are the vast majority of their commercials.

The MoTar thing is disgustingly obnoxious.

Limu the Emu, often stupid but a few "cute" ones.

By far and away, the majority of the Farmers commercials are great!

The others could learn a lot from Farmers' commercial concept.

PS:  I don't recall having seen those stop-action Nissan commercials with the action figure dolls, but they are great!  Thanks for sharing them.

🌵😎

Edited by Danno