Model Cars Magazine Forum

An Almost Cool TV Commercial

The Progressive Insurance commercials with the sign guy next to the other guy with the $149,900 Condo sign...

That's in front of Tech Toys hobby shop on Route 46 in Parsippany, NJ.. closest hobby shop to NNL East location!   I don't know how that all came about, but would be interested in finding out!  

And a secondary local laugh... no way would there be condos for $149,900 in Northern New Jersey!  More like double that!

Edited by Tom Geiger

6 minutes ago, sfhess said:

The sheer number of commercials for auto insurance companies makes me wonder what percentage of premiums charged goes into producing them.

I seem to recall reading not long ago that up to 20% of your insurance cost goes to their advertising cost. :blink:

That's why I'm with Erie. They do almost no advertising (have you EVER seen an Erie commercial? I've only seen a couple in my life) and their rates are WAY below GEICO, Progressive, LIMU, and all those other heavy advertisers. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, espo said:

Does anyone else like the Subaru commercials  with the dog family in them. ?

Oh, yeah!  Love them. 

Especially got a kick out of the one in which they go to a park that says "No Pets Allowed" and they have to leave their cat in the Subaru!

🌵😎

On 4/11/2021 at 10:55 AM, espo said:

Does anyone else like the Subaru commercials  with the dog family in them. ?

My wife and I really enjoy them.  My wife loves them.

On 4/11/2021 at 12:52 PM, Danno said:

Oh, yeah!  Love them. 

Especially got a kick out of the one in which they go to a park that says "No Pets Allowed" and they have to leave their cat in the Subaru!

🌵😎

That makes my wife go aww every time..

On 3/24/2021 at 12:44 PM, Ramfins59 said:

I wholeheartedly agree......  I wouldn't "buy" their product just because of their stupid, relentless commercials...!!!

I don’t buy based on commercials but the one playing volleyball make me laugh. All the insurance commercials are pretty lame...