Model Cars Magazine Forum

Masters ready to ship

I'll let the casters announce when they're ready to sell, but here's what I've got:

The 1977 Cougar is made from Paul Hettick's excellent Thunderbird kit...ready to ship.   The 1967 Chevrolet 4-door I was going to sell myself, but recent developments at Paypal have forced me to reconsider how to pay the caster to get it done. This one may be delayed.   The 1978 Chevrolet pickup with Silverado trim added. I couldn't bring myself to sand off the beautiful Scottsdale scripts...you'll have to do it. This is going to a Detroit area caster.   Not shown is the 1971 Oldsmobile 98 Regency, which just needs a few touch-ups before it's ready to ship for casting.

bbbbb (1).JPG

bbbbb (2).JPG

bbbbb (3).JPG

bbbbb (4).JPG

Great looking masters. The Impala sedan should selll well with the interest shown in the Round 2 hardtop and all those who were thinking of trying to create a sedan out of it. Not into long beds myself but that trim looks right on. 

39 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

That truck looks great Tom, I am assuming the MPC Deserter kit is the donor, along with stretching the frame? 

Keep them coming!

I haven't tried it, but the Deserter should work fine. The 1978 Chevy grille will be supplied with the kit.

2 hours ago, Repstock said:

I haven't tried it, but the Deserter should work fine. The 1978 Chevy grille will be supplied with the kit.

Another question- Is the interior tub part of the plan for this resin kit? I ask because the MPC Deserter kit has bucket seats and most of these trucks came with bench seats.  Would be cool if the resin caster offered this with a bench seat tub and possibly a frame.

24 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Another question- Is the interior tub part of the plan for this resin kit? I ask because the MPC Deserter kit has bucket seats and most of these trucks came with bench seats.  Would be cool if the resin caster offered this with a bench seat tub and possibly a frame.

I hear what you're saying, but we want to keep the cost down. I don't think we'll do the frame, but I'll see about the bench seat. I hadn't actually thought about the Deserter having buckets.

7 minutes ago, Repstock said:

I hear what you're saying, but we want to keep the cost down. I don't think we'll do the frame, but I'll see about the bench seat. I hadn't actually thought about the Deserter having buckets.

The frame isn't a deal breaker, but that interior tub would be nice to have a bench seat.

Thanks!

That Cougar - WOW!  But I expect, like the T-bird, it will be too rich for me.

Does this mean that the T-bird master has been modified, or was the Cougar master made from a T-bird body casting?

Speaking of the T-Bird, Paul's beautifully built-up T-top version of the T-Bird is currently on eBay, bid up to $810 (reserve not met yet).

12 minutes ago, sfhess said:

These are great.  Now please do a 72 Montego GT.  An affordable one.

It would be cool to set these up to work with the Revell 75/75 Torino kit chassis, and work up a "performance" dash for them.

Thanks! The more parts, the less affordable. That's why I'm doing a '76 Montego, you can use the (Revell) Torino interior. I've also considered doing the performance dash, I've just been overwhelmed with projects.

I'm not against doing a '72 Montego GT, but if it requires me to make an interior, the price will go up. I'm basing all the Montegos on the Revell Torino, because it's much easier for the buyer to afford than the arguably superior JoHan kit.

17 hours ago, Repstock said:

Thanks! The more parts, the less affordable. That's why I'm doing a '76 Montego, you can use the (Revell) Torino interior. I've also considered doing the performance dash, I've just been overwhelmed with projects.

I'm not against doing a '72 Montego GT, but if it requires me to make an interior, the price will go up. I'm basing all the Montegos on the Revell Torino, because it's much easier for the buyer to afford than the arguably superior JoHan kit.

A 76 Montego would be cool.  My parents had a 75 for many years.

Thanks for the update and for doing what you do.  All the guys who develop masters for casting cars that were never kitted are true artists.

20 minutes ago, sfhess said:

A 76 Montego would be cool.  My parents had a 75 for many years.

Thanks for the update and for doing what you do.  All the guys who develop masters for casting cars that were never kitted are true artists.

I can see the end of the road for us file and sandpaper guys. 3D printing is getting better all the time, and I need to learn to draw in 3D or get left behind.