Model Cars Magazine Forum

Glidden Probe

I’m literally frustrated with everything I’m working on so I dug this one out of mothballs. It was finished once, but I wasn’t at all happy with it, so I blew it apart and I’m redoing it. It’s been sitting in pieces for ten years.

serious Frankenstein job on the chassis (this thing won’t win any contests based on that, I assure you) However, I got the stance right, which was my main complaint with it last time around. Firebird cage, back half of a pro mod chassis, modified Thunderbird front end. This will have to do! 

I’m sanding it down, finishing the body mods I missed last time, and I should be able to have the basecoat on soon...

A8D1D1CB-A120-4666-8C24-9E3608D9051A.jpeg

BCCEB27E-FF96-4819-9CFF-8F8C6D57DB38.jpeg

E87C865F-886B-49EE-A2EF-565C083AE38D.jpeg

A582FA08-3E07-4E5E-900D-F1F73373D8D2.jpeg

D44F04BE-837F-4A52-A33A-52F19CF5FA5A.jpeg

I have this same car on hold because I can not buy find the correct decals for it, got one from ebay some time ago..but where pure trash, white was so translucent...they became pink once they touch the red paint on the body!!! This is a resin copy of the body I modified for my pro stock Probe, it still have the roof "remove" tab until is ready for paint and final assembly. 

FB_IMG_16164707376890904.jpg

13 minutes ago, Plasticfanatic said:

I have this same car on hold because I can not buy find the correct decals for it, got one from ebay some time ago..but where pure trash, white was so translucent...they became pink once they touch the red paint on the body!!! This is a resin copy of the body I modified for my pro stock Probe, it still have the roof "remove" tab until is ready for paint and final assembly. 

FB_IMG_16164707376890904.jpg

Sweet! What chassis did you use? I’m figuring out that the Firebird would work better than what I started with!

also, I have a resin Probe body, is that yours??

it’ll be next, I’ll do the red/white car 

I bought decals from J&J, they were ok

05F0ECFE-A4C8-4030-AC79-CA2E89B049ED.jpeg

I did this one years ago using an AMT kit that was modified along with a Revell/Monogram chassis and engine. Decals were pieced together from different sources including a Nascar Motorcraft Ford kit.  I sold it a few years back with the intentions of doing another one with better overall detail.

DSC01269-vi.jpg

DSC01271-vi.jpg

DSC01276-vi.jpg

5 hours ago, 1320wayne said:

I did this one years ago using an AMT kit that was modified along with a Revell/Monogram chassis and engine. Decals were pieced together from different sources including a Nascar Motorcraft Ford kit.  I sold it a few years back with the intentions of doing another one with better overall detail.

DSC01269-vi.jpg

DSC01271-vi.jpg

DSC01276-vi.jpg

Yeah, I’ve seen that one!