Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've got another one of these in yesterday, and since I've been in a bit of a modeling funk for the past month or more I think I'll crack this open later today (chillin' at work right now)

and go for a start to finish build (fingers crossed) without getting sidetracked. 

RMX85-1233-2.jpg.5d3edb8b8b899b62b086433b12dab641.jpg

Not sure what colour I'm going with yet....I've got a ton of opened bottles, so likely I'll just pic something that's got enough paint left in it to do this up quick, instead of ordering anything new. 

Always open to any suggestions too.

Hoping to have an actual update later on this afternoon. 

22 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

That I an excellent kit for a snap together. It has a few mold lines that need work but a beautiful pickup can be built from it. I painted mine in Tamiya Mica Red.

Later-

Yeah, yours came out amazing Tom.

20 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

That truck is a nice kit, begs to be done as glue kit with engine and full chassis detail. Lots of great examples here to get inspiration from.

It's actually probably the best and most detailed snap kit I can think of. I really wish Revell had done a full on kit of this truck, but atleast this snap version was much better than the quick build version they did on the Gen2. The only real knock against this snap kit 

is that they did not include waterslide decals, the stickers are good for the kids, sure, but given the size of the sheet, they could have easily added another small sheet with proper waterslide decals.

Sort of an update....I got all the parts cleaned and primed before I came to work tonight, but, like the idiot I am, I forgot to take a pic. 

I'll post one when I get home, before painting later on today. Shooting for a 3 day build. I should be able to get all the painting done today and probably the clear as well.