Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 246 GT Dino - Fujimi - 1/24

MarcoTJ

3 hours ago, beeRS said:

Great progress. I would never have thought of doing the chrome window trim that way, but once the masking is in place it must be much less hassle than BMF. 

BMF is a pain to use on kits that don't have very defined trims such as this one.

54 minutes ago, Codi said:

Great car and thread Marco.  I particularly appreciate the thorough step by step you've taken on the body prep and paint steps. Great tips you've shared.  cheers, tim

😊 I learn so much here every day. It's nice to contribute too.

Your doing a fantastic job on a beautiful car. I too have this kit in the stash and it's good to see it come together with no big issues. When I do mine I'll try your method for the chrome trim. Thanks for the great tip.

On 4/19/2021 at 8:02 PM, AlbertD said:

Your doing a fantastic job on a beautiful car. I too have this kit in the stash and it's good to see it come together with no big issues. When I do mine I'll try your method for the chrome trim. Thanks for the great tip.

Thanks. Lot's of test fitting involved. But it's a cool kit.

You're fortunate to be able to install the chassis into the body with the front valance fitted on the body. I have the curbside version of the GTS and it can't be done that way as the chassis is molded completely differently and can't be installed after the valance panel is attached to the body. So you end up with a seam where the parts meet.

On 4/22/2021 at 10:42 PM, Oldcarfan27 said:

I'm liking all the different shades and sheens representing the many textures of each part.

Very nicely detailed. Can't wait to see more. 

Thank you!

On 4/23/2021 at 2:51 AM, slusher said:

Beautiful paint and clean detail work..

Thanks!

On 4/23/2021 at 12:42 PM, doorsovdoon said:

Beautiful, loving the interior.

🙂🙂

On 4/23/2021 at 3:16 PM, Pete75 said:

Super WIP & it's all looking great! What did you use for the carpet?

Thanks! I used flocking powder.

On 4/23/2021 at 3:37 PM, Belugawrx said:

This is looking great Marco.

Keep up the nice clean work👍👍

Cheers

👍👍🙂

On 4/24/2021 at 3:51 PM, ZTony8 said:

You're fortunate to be able to install the chassis into the body with the front valance fitted on the body. I have the curbside version of the GTS and it can't be done that way as the chassis is molded completely differently and can't be installed after the valance panel is attached to the body. So you end up with a seam where the parts meet.

Man... Fitting the chassis was really complicated. 

• 2 weeks later...