Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCM #208 is HERE!

2 hours ago, Reegs said:

Uh, how soon should we expect them?

My wife and I publish a magazine. We have found it can take up to 2-3 weeks in some areas to get them with periodical mail.   Some areas slower than others. I do not know where they mail it from. The USPS system is still slow in some areas. Hopefully we see this sooner than later.

On 4/1/2021 at 6:15 AM, allis200 said:

My wife and I publish a magazine. We have found it can take up to 2-3 weeks in some areas to get them with periodical mail.   Some areas slower than others. I do not know where they mail it from. The USPS system is still slow in some areas. Hopefully we see this sooner than later.

That roughly correlates with our experience. It was more like 2-4 weeks, and our printer is centrally located. 

On 4/1/2021 at 8:15 AM, allis200 said:

What do you publish? I notice you are in Wisconsin.

It was nice to thumb through it and see nothing but CARS. Cars and more cars. I have always enjoyed the kit reviews as they are so very thorough. Have only read the Grumpy Vega review and it's sad and entertaining at the same time pointing out how far from the actual car the kit is.

Larry...got my copy today and thumbed through and read a few of the articles. Nice to see this magazine getting back on its feet.  Well laid out with great, well rounded and detailed content regardless of the model building skill level of the reader.

There’s something for everyone interested in the automotive modeling hobby!

One thing I noticed, besides the great coverage, was the quality of the paper stock. I wrote for Toy Cars and Models until it’s death a few years ago and always hated the thin rag that was used. Barely heavier than glossy toilet paper!

It was one of the things that when I was writing for the ungodly mis-managed “The Car Room Magazine” that was focused on was the use of heavier rag closer to what Hot Rod Journal used.

Helps to instill quality in the magazine (eh, when managed correctly, that is)

Like the previous issue, great job!

Looking forward to the next issue!

Edited by BDSchindler

Got the latest issue in the mail the other day and as a long time subscriber I've got to say it is impressive!  I really enjoy the "Forum Finds" section, what a great idea and an excellent way to tie the magazine and forum together.  Nice job on the Desert Scale Classic coverage, all together a great success!!