Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCM #208 is HERE!

I've just checked the Subscribe and only the USA shows as a country to ship to.

OK I've just noticed the 'International' and clicked on it and the price has gone from $30 to $55, too much for me as a pensioner, shame.

Edited by PatW

Thanks Larry, as per my previous post $55 is too expensive for me as a pensioner. Can I buy just one magazine please, as I've never seen one?

Do you have an old digital one I can view please? 

Edited by PatW
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Classicgas said:

I don't mean this as a diss, I am considering subscribing. Is the magazine back in a regular production schedule?

I believe we are starting to see it back on track to a regular schedule. 207 came out in Dec I believe it was, and then 208 in March, and if 209 comes out in the next month, that would be very good indeed. 

On 6/27/2021 at 2:09 AM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

I believe we are starting to see it back on track to a regular schedule. 207 came out in Dec I believe it was, and then 208 in March, and if 209 comes out in the next month, that would be very good indeed. 

Gonna take more than 2 issues a year for me to subscribe. I will buy at the hobby shop as it comes out.

You know what will be the death of the magazine? The people who should be supporting the effort, but are sitting on the sidelines with that “wait and see” attitude!

Seriously guys, for people who use this message board for free daily, a subscription is a $30 show of faith… the price of one kit..  think of it as paying for all the fun and camaraderie you have on this board! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

You know what will be the death of the magazine? The people who should be supporting the effort, but are sitting on the sidelines with that “wait and see” attitude!

Seriously guys, for people who use this message board for free daily, a subscription is a $30 show of faith… the price of one kit..  think of it as paying for all the fun and camaraderie you have on this board! 

Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends - Find & Share on GIPHY

When I thought there was a chance to help, I went ahead with the lifetime membership offer. I feel that I get enough benefit from this forum alone to justify that. I have been on this forum for around 10 years I think, so that is pretty cheap. 

Edited by Modelbuilder Mark
  • Thanks 1

Again not bashing,  but would you spend $30 on a empty kit box and wait for a couple of pieces every so often?  No. My hobby funds are quite limited. I need to spend them judiciously.  I'm hopeful for mcm.

Edited by Classicgas

1 hour ago, Classicgas said:

<SNIP>  My hobby funds are quite limited. I need to spend them judiciously.  I'm hopeful for mcm.

I can certainly appreciate that. The thing to keep in mind tho, is that if you bought them individually, you are spending more money. At least with the subscription, you get he issues you are owed, despite the length of time it takes to get them, so there is saving, but it is certainly spread out over time. There are a lot of things I pay for in advance of the value I get, like my Costco membership. I do not get my value out of it fully, until time passes, but in the long run I save money.

I'm not currently buying them individually either. Don't think there's anywhere close that carries it, except perhaps scale model supplies in st. Paul,  and since the riots I haven't gone near there lol. Will see where things are when I finish this painting project for my client.  I'll have disposable income then. 

None of the shops in my neck of the woods got 208, or if they did, they were gone before I had a chance to get there. Can I order a back issue?

With a semi-regular job again, I'll have enough to subscribe, and will probably do so in July after my next pay cheque.

Charlie Larkin

1 hour ago, charlie8575 said:

None of the shops in my neck of the woods got 208, or if they did, they were gone before I had a chance to get there. Can I order a back issue?

With a semi-regular job again, I'll have enough to subscribe, and will probably do so in July after my next pay cheque.

Charlie Larkin

Charlie, per the link below the recent back issues are available for download. 

Thanks for the info about Magzter I have ordered issue 204. Paid for digital and got it straight away!  I now know were I can see the magazine, thanks Mark Hubbard! 

Edited by PatW

• 2 months later...

#209 was waiting in my mail box when I got back from seeing @Speedproout in Wyoming.  Had a three-way conversation with @Rocking Rodney Ratwhile I was there.

While Waldo and I were reminiscing, he pulled out a kit that I had been searching for... for a fellow builder here on MCM.  When he said he had decided not to finish it, I mentioned my friend's request and I brought it home with me.  Yesterday, the long sot after kit was placed in the mail and should be arriving the middle of next week.  

The reason I share this with you, is this model will be in an article in the upcoming issue: MCM #211 -KK