Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Falcon sedan

Sam I Am

5 hours ago, dublin boy said:

Yep that's me !

Al's fine Sam, but John Johnson has sadly passed away in case you didn't hear.

Falcon is looking good mate!

Sorry to hear about John,  we had a great time when touring the model car museum. 

54 minutes ago, charlie8575 said:

Nice job fixing the quarters. Do you plan to replace the door handles and scripts?

Charlie Larkin

No, I won't be replacing the script. The hood and deck already had it sanded off, one door handle was almost gone and the other half way, so now it is nosed, decked, and shaved.  Unless you know of someone who makes a pe set for it. I know I can get a generic door handle out of resin....hmmmm.

I should probably just stick to my plan. Cheaper that way.  😀

Edited by Sam I Am

33 minutes ago, BlackSheep214 said:

I swear you're tackling this like Shorty from Iron Resurrection. :D My grandfather owned both the sedan and station wagon Falcon when I was a kid.  I remember the sedan was grey and the wagon was sky blue and white top.

Back when I was 18, my girlfriend’s parents owned two 1965 Falcons. One maroon 4 door sedan and a beige gold 2 door wagon. Both sixes with three on the tree. 

These are the toughest builds when you have to restore rough filed and sanded bodywork.  Congrats for getting this so far along from a body many would have left behind. 

Personally, I would leave it nosed, decked and shaved.   The OB did you a favour - by removing the junk, you don't feel bad about removing them yourself and in my opinion, it allows the pure clean lines of the little Falcon to shine through.  Good luck with your paint!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks for all the positive comments,  it really has kept me motivated.  I cleared it today, and am really pleased with how it's turning out. Not perfect by any means,  but since I have never sliced and diced to this extent, I have gained more experience and confidence. While the front and rear window are there, I will have to make the rear quarter window. Good thing they are flat. Now I need to turn my attention to the interior and the grill/bumpers while the clear gasses out.

20210403_205125.jpg

On 4/5/2021 at 10:16 AM, cobraman said:

I like where this is going. Too bad a kit for that is not on the shelf.

Only thing available is a resin body and interior. 

I have most of the window trim done and taillights installed.  Interior bucket is painted, just needs some trim work and flocking.

Hopefully the glass will polish out, if not, I can get it close and dip it in future.

20210410_113459.jpg

20210410_112630.jpg

20210410_141754.jpg

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Looking very good! Got a real late '60s "High School Hot Rod" look to it. B)

You are gonna take all that chrome flash off around the rim of the mags, aren't you? ;)

Drive on! B)

I'm not done yet Snake.  (But thanks for the reminder,  I totally spaced it. ). 😅