Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 mustang

michelle

this is my take on  foose's  weird  71 mustang 
i decided to  use tail lights from a amt 67 shelby instead of the first gen camaro tail lights  foose chose to use on his 
i also used some of the  silver stripe decals from the same 67 shelby  kit  and placed them better then the weird  connected stripe layout foose  did on his 
i used a lindberg 71 mustang kit  since it had the right  body shape for the back  end  
the hood is from my parts box  i cut it down as best as i could to fit  the lindberg body 
the engine i pulled from another older build as i did not want to use the 67 shelby engine   but something that probely would be found  in a 71  so i used a 302 
i used two different sized modern torque thrust style rims on it so it would have a better stance  and they look better then whatever wheels foose chose to use 
i painted the  body and the interior with krylon short cuts antique bronze  i sprayed a light misting of rustoleum  matte clear  over the interior parts to take most of the gloss finish off 
and hand painted the flat black insets in the center console and seats and that shallow recessed area under the rear window and  behind the back seats i am going to guess is the trunk 

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG

IMG_1633.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1637.JPG

IMG_1638.JPG

IMG_1639.JPG

18 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

I like I more than the Foose versio, especially the wheels.  Nice job.

thank you 

2 minutes ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Sure looks better to me. Nice work on a bad kit. 

thank you 

9 minutes ago, Sledsel said:

Nice job on a horrible kit.

thanks 

3 minutes ago, thomascoffey1959@gmail.com said:

You have a knack for design ,blending components and styling ques. Very distinctive and different, fresh.

thank you 

43 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

Definitely like this one.  Not often I like rubber band tires and big wheels but these i like.  Kudos. 

thank you  the back tires look to be the same as the ones with the revell snap tite camaro concept car they have the same tread pattern they were the only ones that fit those rims   i know the front ones came with the  rims  they were from a welly brand custom wheel replacment  set  i used the other 2 on another build  cause they were both the same width depth  and hight 

1 hour ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Looks great. The wheels and stance are perfect to my eye.  

thank you 

1 hour ago, bisc63 said:

Great color choice! The color and wheels bring it to the 21st century, while the overall shape is aggressive classic muscle. I really like how you treated the rear end. Well done.

thank you 

2 hours ago, thatz4u said:

one of your best builds yet.....kool

thank you 

5 minutes ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Cool! I especially like the rear view of it. The Shelby tail lights sets it apart from other resto mod builds of a ´71 Mustang! Nice!

thank you