Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW V8 Gasser

Tony T

Bought with a Chevelle wagon, and trailer. This was disassembled, parts box steering wheel, guages, wheels and tires added for a better period look, and everything has been repainted except for the exterior of the body. Some final details left, but coming along nicely.

Started with this:

ModelsVWGasser11.jpg

ModelsVWGasser08.jpg

Here's where I'm at today:

VWV8Gasser08.jpg

VWV8Gasser04.jpg

VWV8Gasser02.jpg

VWV8Gasser07.jpg

Edited by Tony T

Yes, the engine is in the wrong end, for sure!

Finished this one, so got it in the Under Glass forum, here.

This is the 65 Chevelle wagon that came with this, as did this trailer...may get to work on the support/push vehicle next! Or maybe the unbuilt Union kit...hmmm...decisions, decisions!

VWV-8Gasser1007.jpg

VWV-8Gasser1010.jpg

This is the 65 Chevelle wagon that came with this, as did this trailer...may get to work on the support/push vehicle next! Or maybe the unbuilt Union kit...hmmm...decisions, decisions!

VWV-8Gasser1010.jpg

Tony,

Just in case someone asks what kit the trailer came from, I believe it's the kind of hard to find Revell Mr. Sandman.

sandman.jpg

There was another snap kit with a Chevy 4X4 and 2 dirt bikes that came with it too, but I can't remember the name or even if it was in the same scale.

I still keep coming back to both your threads on this to look at it! I'm definitely going to have to start working with my kit once I get the instructions. Thank you once again for them!

Hope this helps,

-Scott H.

Thanks, Scott. I was wondering why it seemed to be too short even for the VW, and thought it might even be 1/32 scale, except for the VW fit width wise. I've already modified the trailer to fit using the tilt bed part from an AMT 76 Caprice kit trailer, so the VW can go on the trailer, and the ramps can be flipped up.

If I've been able to get you moving on building a kit by passing along an instruction sheet, then I'm very pleased to have done it!! Please provide pictures!