Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shelby Series 1 GT class hardtop with driver finished

This was a long term build.

I grafted a Viper GTS roof onto the Series 1 body. Then designed and fitted a roll cage, driver, and data systems and wiring. The wing is from a Viper GTSR diecast but it is plastic. The front splitter is Evergreen with scale Motorsport carbon fiber. Rear splitter is Evergreen also. Wheels are from a Tamiya Taisin Starcard kit.

Feels good to finally have it done. 

20210325_115635.jpg

20210325_115446.jpg

20210325_115354.jpg

20210325_115328.jpg

20210317_144827.jpg

20210317_144852.jpg

3 hours ago, Kennyboy said:

I grafted a Viper GTS roof onto the Series 1 body.

What a great idea, and what a great looking model! Makes me want a "stock" version in a single color (less distracting) paint job. Well done and model on! B)

9 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

What a great idea, and what a great looking model! Makes me want a "stock" version in a single color (less distracting) paint job. Well done and model on! B)

Thanks Snake! To me it resembled a new age 240zx. 

Looks incredible good! Graphics suits it well! I did a photoshop of that, Shelby series 1 with GTS roof back In 2003 or 2004 because I also saw the potential of the series one coupe! 

Haven’t I seen this before? I remember a post long ago that I searched forward not long ago.. was it your WIP maby? 

beautifull work btw!

9 hours ago, Peter Lombardo said:

Very well done.  I did a very similar version with the hardtop from the Corvette Hardtop grafted on into a race car also.  Looks great, like the idea of the vinyl paint mask rings.  Different.  

Thank you Peter,  would really like seeing your build of it. Thought about a c6 roof initially but the Viper roof fit so well I couldn't say no.

1 hour ago, Mattilacken said:

Looks incredible good! Graphics suits it well! I did a photoshop of that, Shelby series 1 with GTS roof back In 2003 or 2004 because I also saw the potential of the series one coupe! 

Haven’t I seen this before? I remember a post long ago that I searched forward not long ago.. was it your WIP maby? 

beautifull work btw!

Thank you, when I came up with this project it was between a Corvette and a Viper roof. The GTS roof fit so well it became a no brainer.

It is quite possible it was the WIP of this. This has been on the side for quite a long time, because of a work injury I have had a lot of time to finish stalled projects.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...