Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan Pinto Funnycar.....USAF

thatz4u

9 minutes ago, thatz4u said:

Mark, I liked the looks of them also......owned a few of the real ones.....

My first wife had one before we got married. Fun little car, until the motor blew. One winter, I am not sure if she had it low on anti-freeze r oil, but it certainly gave up the ghost. It was her first car, and she was young. 

Nice, I like the old Jo-Han Funny Car kits and the fact that they are kits of real race cars from the time when they were done, the Pinto and Mustang were originally Mickey Thompson cars and the Challenger was a Gene Snow car.
I'm just curious about the small size slicks on your two builds, they are a lot larger in my kits.

Edited by Force

On 3/27/2021 at 7:12 PM, Force said:

Nice, I like the old Jo-Han Funny Car kits and the fact that they are kits of real race cars from the time when they were done, the Pinto and Mustang were originally Mickey Thompson cars and the Challenger was a Gene Snow car.
I'm just curious about the small size slicks on your two builds, they are a lot larger in my kits.

the kits I started with were missing the tires, I found the ones that I used in the spares box....

On 3/28/2021 at 2:40 PM, TransAmMike said:

Looks great Al👍      Looking at the long hood, the real stock Pinto would have looked better with the hood a bit longer, just my opinion🙄😄

Thanks, Mike,  I owned a few real Pintos & they look different in reality..well balanced

On 3/29/2021 at 2:43 PM, Claude Thibodeau said:

Hi Al!

You made good with this great kit, Bravo!

I have it in my stash, and your post has me thinking I should give it a shot...

CT 

CT, get that Pinto out & build it, none of us are getting any younger....

On 3/31/2021 at 7:49 PM, TransAmMike said:

I was one that actually witnessed one getting rear ended that blew up. It was on an interstate service road late at night, but it happened just as I was passing by it on the interstate highway.

Vegas did the same thing when rear ended...the old joke goes" how do you put 4wd under a Vega?"  kick it in the rear bumper & it turns into a Blazer"