ShakyCraftsman Posted April 9, 2021 Author Share Posted April 9, 2021 The Renault 360 that I ordered from Italeri finally showed up yesterday so I got started with assembling the Mack E9. This is a European version and a lot of stuff had to be changed to make this correct to what I'm modeling. Ok, here we go. I have the E9 together. I had to do some modifications to it to make it more like a actual E9, not a European version. I had to move the starter from this side to the other side, also I added the chrome part to make the oil cooler. I put the rear piece from the Cummins NTC-400 with the trans cooler on the E9 transmission. closer view of the oil cooler and oil filters. this view shows the piece I removed from the Maxidyne engine from the DM800 and added to the bell housing for the starter. I also had to modify the part that goes on this side to move it forward to clear the starter. closer view of the changes made to this side. I had to remove the oil pan from the kit supplied E9 for the Renault 360 because it has a front sump and I need a rear sump, so I kit bashed one together from an old oil pan from the parts bin and the left over part of the oil pan from the kit to make the one that is on it. top view of the engine showing the turbos that I added from the parts bin because the kit ones were ass backwards and centered. I also added fuel injector tube fittings to the fuel injector pump. I also added a piece to the intake manifold cross pipe for the inter cooler pipes. I still have to add the fuel lines and the rest of the plumbing. bottom view showing the oil pan and other parts. this view shows the fan and the alternator form the DM800. I made a fan belt for this because the kits alternator was on the other side. I still need to add a fuel filter by the alternator. this view shows the turbos and the mods I had to make to get them to fit. this view shows the engine sitting in the frame and the inter cooler pipes in place. this view shows the inter cooler pipes. view from the other side showing the inter cooler pipes. I have to modify them because they sit to tall and the hood won't close. this view shows everything together. I painted the wheel centers a dark orange and Molotow chrome on the rims and details. Well that's it for now be back with more updates soon. Ron G Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.